quick pic app

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
How do I make quick pic my default for photo storage rather the stock gallery?
I found gallery and cleared default.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Photos aren't actually stored in QuickPic--it's just a gallery app that displays photos that are in your storage. Are you asking how you can make QuickPic your default app to display photos? This isn't always possible, especially when accessing your photos directly from your camera.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
What I want is when I take a photo, to be able to view them when I go to quick pic and not gallery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you take a photo, then open QuickPic, you should be able to see it there. Is that not happening? Remember, I don't think there's a way to make QuickPic the default photo viewer in the Camera app, so I'm other words, you have to exit out of the Camera and open QuickPic yourself.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Odd, it works well on my Nexus 5. When you open QuickPic, there's no Camera folder? Tap the menu button and then Settings/Browse. Tap "Excluded folders" and make sure your DCIM/Camera folder isn't somehow listed as an excluded folder.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
There are 2 camera folders, one is empty and the other has old pictures.
new ones don't show up in either one. Tried Uninstall and reinstalled, made no difference.
thanks for you suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the QuickPic settings, there's an option to select "Included Folders." Try using that to specifically select the default photo directory (which I'm assuming is /DCIM/Camera).

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I had to go to , storage, external sd, then dcim/camera. I then added all my albums. Thanks so much.