Does anyone else have a defective (warped) charging flap?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
y3a8uty2.jpg
uza2ebyp.jpg
5atyvypa.jpg
My flap looks like it has a small chunk of plastic missing out of it, which seems like a clear molding issue...It's on the front side of it

does anyone else have this?

Edit : added pictures

Last edited:

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Can you show a picture? I don't really understand what you're describing. Are you talking about the charging port cover? I know some people have experienced the port cover breaking off.

My flap looks like it has a small chunk of plastic missing out of it, which seems like a clear molding issue...It's on the front side of it

does anyone else have this?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Not water proof now....I'd be pissed.

I still think it's water resistant

The actual rubber seal seems to still be intact and it shuts properly putting pressure between the charging port and rubber seal

I'll be calling samsung soon. Hopefully they can send me another one without having me to send the phone in

-Sent from Tapatalk

Sophia Zhao

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if it's really oem and If we can trust the water resistant rubber seal

-Sent from Tapatalk

Contacted with their custom service and said that the charger cover are from Vietnam factory dealing with the replacement parts for Samsung. It's most likely real original.

tedesco

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
funny... my charging flap wouldn't close properly since the second time I opened it.

Seeing your pics this is the first time I noticed that there is supposed to be that latch on the end of it to keep it closed tight. Mine doesn't have that (at least not any more). Obviously it wasn't installed properly on my phone.

Booo! :eek:

Will tweet contact Samsung and if that goes nowhere I guess I will just order a whole new flap from the link above.

Last edited: