camera/image processing issue? [Help wanted]

Dre-Sean

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
When I take pictures on my phone, they are some of the most amazing pictures I've seen in my life on a smartphone. The detail is outstanding, but when I upload them to sites, the pictures look very very very blurry.. Any suggestions?

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
When I take pictures on my phone, they are some of the most amazing pictures I've seen in my life on a smartphone. The detail is outstanding, but when I upload them to sites, the pictures look very very very blurry.. Any suggestions?

Post one or two here.....so ya know, we can see what you are talking about...what sites? Understand that your carrier limits the quality, it's not the phone....and maybe the site has its limits as well.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
For instance, I took a pic of my kitchen last night to show a contractor, saved it as 8mb picture, sent it to myself, pic comes into my microsoft email....says its 3MB.2014-07-29 12 55 18 (2).jpg

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Same problem as these site, that will print your photo in one hour. You are limited by the band with of the carrier as well as the place doing the processing of the photos. It's tough when you have 16 mega- pixels on the front end and end up with half of that being lost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Same problem as these site, that will print your photo in one hour. You are limited by the band with of the carrier as well as the place doing the processing of the photos. It's tough when you have 16 mega- pixels on the front end and end up with half of that being lost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Exactly, and at what point is it really a 16mb pic? When you go to edit and do anything your option is to save it as a 4mb or 8mb and it goes into the studio folder.....so was it 16mb before being edited and enhanced?

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
errr you hit reply and add a pic...you should see font /size, and a bunch of icons....are you on mobile or a computer? I've never uploaded a pic on mobile...I'm at work..shhhhhhh...lol...on a computer....

Dre-Sean

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
There

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 20140728_212158.jpg
    20140728_212158.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20140728_191355.jpg
    20140728_191355.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20140728_172720.jpg
    20140728_172720.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 25

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Can you see it?

There's a slight blur but I wouldn't say it was terrible and I would say that I think it is more of a carrier and site issue than your phone. iphones are the only phone that will look perfect because they use apples servers as opposed to your carriers....it is what it is....but if you're just trying to send someone a pic of a house, dog, car etc I don't think it is too blurry for someone to not be able to make out what it is

Heim Jew

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happens to me when I was taking pictures of my old phone and uplaoding them to Kijiji. The Wind network made a mess of it, but when i used my Wifi it was considerably clearer. However I think maybe transferring to a computer through a cable and then uploading may be the best way? I will do an experiment for us upload the same pic for yas in different ways.
Here is transferred from phone to computer via then uploaded.
20140705_161553.jpg
This was uploaded to Picasso then downloaded to my comp then uploaded again!
20140705_161553.jpg

Not sure if I proved anything... I think they are the EXACT same picassa upload didnt seem to loose quality.

Dre-Sean

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Paying this much for a phone, u expect everything to be good. Know what I'm saying? My GS4 wasn't like this at all

Heim Jew

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Well idk, I was about to sign into the app on my phone and uplaod the same pic directly to the site, eliminating picasa. I think that like apple, picasa must have its own server dedicated to the media files and maintaining the quality, as well as synching to all devices etc. But when your sending the picture over an inferrior network that limits whats being put through it does degrade the quality. Thats called packet loss isnt it?
For best picture uploads Ide put it all on Picasa and do it from there. It is a hastle, but you will get the quality your looking for.
Until the network can support the full capabilities of the GS5 there will be many issues like this. The phone can handle up to like 60mbps but my WIND network peaks at like 28.something. The phone is great, but it is difficult to take full advantage of.
Hope that makes some sense
EDIT:
Picasa is actually kinda cool to have. Auto uploads and ya can sit down and view them all in an organized fasion via browser or the Picasa program itself. Maintains the quality wherever you sign into view it until it gets sent somewhere 3rd party via a wireless connection. Give a try let me know what you think!

Dre-Sean

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I know about how networking works, I know about packet lost which is why I tried a stable internet connection and its still doing the same thing but I'll try again, thanks for your feedback! ☺

Heim Jew

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Ok, but remember regardless of packet loss due to unstable network, when uploading to 3rd party websites, emailing or texting a picture it is usually automatically downsized. The picture I uploaded then downloaded from Picasa kept the whole file the whole way through, never lost any of it.
The phone is performing on its end, I wouldnt worry about that. You just have to figure out how to take full advantage of it!
Best of luck mate happy to help!

Dre-Sean

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Wait I'm confused. So you're saying that Picasa is a first party place for pictures and to upload them there then share it on Facebook and etc so it doesn't get down sized?

Heim Jew

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Yup. Share photos from the Picasa program/app itself and I think that will work. Dont share the file thats on your phone, but the one on the Picasa server. You should be able to see both photos from the same spot, on your phone. Just the saved location is different.
Let me know!

Dre-Sean

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Oh ok thanks a lot, yeah it makes it more clear but still not as clear as on my phone lol but my friend has a gs3 and he sent me a pic cuz he has sprint as well but his pics are more clear than mine smh 😑 I definitely don't think its the phone but something is wrong though, I just don't know what it is...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11