Why are my MMS Poor Quality?

Osvaldo Fernandez

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
MMS Poor Quality

So i've had my Galaxy S5 for around 5 months now and so far, it's been working fine for the most part. Yesterday I was getting some pictures texted to me. I downloaded them but they came out with really poor quality. I thought it was just the senders phone until my friend sent me some other pictures today and they also came out really poor. What's going on?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: MMS Poor Quality

The pictures are compressed to a much smaller pixel size to minimize the amount of data used to send the pictures.

It is the carriers that are enforcing that rule, not the phone.

Use something like Go SMS Pro or other good MMS app, and configure it to send the picture to a webhost, then it will send a link to your friends. or vice versa....

Me? I don't care that much about on the phone pix quality, if I want it that badly, I have them send it via email, that way I get it full size. or vice versa...

for instance, just last Thursday on the job, a mowing machine broke. the boss wanted pictures of what broke....
Knowing in advance how badly the picture was going to be mutilated by the transfer process, I set the camera for the lowest possible resolution.

The picture he got was almost as good as what I could see myself.

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

IMessage and MMS are two totally different things. It's completely true.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cincojoe

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

The point is Apple and or IOS does it just fine. Android samsung or whoever you want to attach to the end of the OS doesn't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87