Is my lcd assembly ruined?

script56

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
See picture of lcd assembly that i removed in order to replace cracked glass. i think i went in too deep with tool to seperate lcd from motherboard. see picture of rip in flex cable. i plugged lcd back into m b and screen worked, but no touch working. is it because of cracks in glass or damage i did?IMG_9137.jpgFullSizeRender (4).jpg

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It might have happened when separating the pieces. From what I understand, it is very easy to damage other parts when disassembling a cell phone.

Sent from an AOSP M8

script56

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Damaged yes, but hinder function? Would that make touch not work because that's the only thing not working. I don't think any wires were running through there, just plastics

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
See picture of lcd assembly that i removed in order to replace cracked glass. i think i went in too deep with tool to seperate lcd from motherboard. see picture of rip in flex cable. i plugged lcd back into m b and screen worked, but no touch working. is it because of cracks in glass or damage i did?View attachment 140332View attachment 140333

It looks like you ripped through the touchscreen controller on the bottom. That little black chip is what identifies when you touch the screen. Sadly, it looks like you'll need a replacement