How do I keep my Pictures/Videos off of Drive and iCloud?

GalaxyS5Samsung123

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Keeping Pictures/Videos off of Drive and Cloud

Hello everyone,

I want to make sure that my pictures and videos on my Galaxy S5 aren't being synced into a cloud, or synced into google drive. Basically, I want my photos and videos to stay on my phone in its Gallery and not copied anywhere else. How do I know if they're somewhere else or if they haven't been copied to a drive or cloud? How do I make sure that they're secure and do not move from my Gallery?

Thank you in advance!

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Keeping Pictures/Videos off of Drive and Cloud

Hello everyone,

I want to make sure that my pictures and videos on my Galaxy S5 aren't being synced into a cloud, or synced into google drive. Basically, I want my photos and videos to stay on my phone in its Gallery and not copied anywhere else. How do I know if they're somewhere else or if they haven't been copied to a drive or cloud? How do I make sure that they're secure and do not move from my Gallery?

Thank you in advance!

To turn off sync via gmail, just go into your sync settings and deselect picture sync. If you are using Dropbox or Google Drive cloud storage service, you can select which folders to sync and which ones not to. In this case your media folder. This way, you contacts will be synced and backed up but your images will remain in your device.

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Keeping Pictures/Videos off of Drive and Cloud

Just turn of cloud/drive at Applications, or set off your SYNC at Accounts.

GalaxyS5Samsung123

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Where are my sync settings? I cannot find picture sync or sync settings.

Are drive and cloud the same thing? I turned it off in application manager, does that mean nothing is being put into my drive? How do I know if I have stuff in my drive?

GalaxyS5Samsung123

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
It says I have zero stored on my drive. Nothing stored in my ATT locker. Does this mean my pictures are only on my phone?

What does the sync setting even do? Because mine has been on since I've had my phone, and it seems like nothing has been synced to ATT locker or Drive. (are drive and cloud the same thing?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa