Album art issue still with music stored on SD CARD ?

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Is there still an issue with trying to save album art to music on the sd card? i was told it was an Android update that was not allowing this??? anyone ???

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I haven't heard about an issue with album art and music files. I have album art manually embedded in a lot of mp3 and AAC files on my SD card, every app so far has been able to display the album art.

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
cant write to or change any music album info or art if music is saved to SD CARD. its a KitKat thing... its stupid.. its music that did not have correct info put on sd card after the fact. if you try and use an app for album art and you try to change or edit something it wont allow you to do it. It did prior to kitkat but now restricted. Hopefully Lollipop will change this
I haven't heard about an issue with album art and music files. I have album art manually embedded in a lot of mp3 and AAC files on my SD card, every app so far has been able to display the album art.

5picker

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
To answer your question, no... there's no issue with album art on a SD card. I have thousands of music files and all display album art if correctly done.

Honestly though, I don't believe that is what you were asking. I 'think' you are asking if you can add album art to your music files using just your phone and the answer is yes and no.
Most third party apps like ES File Explorer cannot access the SD card because of KitKat limitations... but... the stock Files app will access the SD card just fine.
Alternately, you can always connect to a PC and change files to your heart's content.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
cant write to or change any music album info or art if music is saved to SD CARD. its a KitKat thing... its stupid.. its music that did not have correct info put on sd card after the fact. if you try and use an app for album art and you try to change or edit something it wont allow you to do it. It did prior to kitkat but now restricted. Hopefully Lollipop will change this

It's not a KitKat thing. A lot of people with SD card issues automatically blame KitKat because it imposed restrictions. The restrictions are only when accessing the SD card through a USB connection. It took away the typical file explorer view and instead makes your PC see the phone as a media device for syncing. Apps can still read, write, and edit files on an SD card without issues. It all depends on developer support. I have edited track tags before with media programs (PowerAMP) and all of my files were on the SD card. It worked just fine. The developer has to support it, the issue has nothing to do with KitKat itself per se.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I am running Kitkat on my S5 and I am able to add artwork to music files that are on the SD card. I use an app called Cover Art Downloader. It works great. If its database can't find the album cover, you have the option to add artwork from your picture gallery.

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded Poweramp and it does allow me to add cover art...thanks.. I was not having much luck trying to add album art using a few different apps but accessing the music with the stock music player. Poweramp is much better
It's not a KitKat thing. A lot of people with SD card issues automatically blame KitKat because it imposed restrictions. The restrictions are only when accessing the SD card through a USB connection. It took away the typical file explorer view and instead makes your PC see the phone as a media device for syncing. Apps can still read, write, and edit files on an SD card without issues. It all depends on developer support. I have edited track tags before with media programs (PowerAMP) and all of my files were on the SD card. It worked just fine. The developer has to support it, the issue has nothing to do with KitKat itself per se.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Poweramp used to be my go-to for music playback. That was until they have refused to fix sketchy Bluetooth audio transmission and aren't even acknowledging it to be an issue (it is). Well, there's that and I also subscribe to Google Music Unlimited so I'm pretty much stuck with the Google Play Music apps. It's still better than the Samsung music app. For whatever reason, that app just drains system resources. My fiance used it for the longest time on her S5. It would start off at 100% in the morning and get down to 90% by the time she got to work a mere 10 minutes later.