Why are apps running on their own?

kdog509adam75

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Apps running on their own

I have my S5 screen display time out set for 1 minute. I also have my home screen access set for swipe. When I'm done doing something with my phone, I hit the power button to turn the screen off and place the phone in my shirt pocket where I normally carry it. However a lot of times when I take it out, there is an app running on it's own. Sometimes the camera is on, or I'll be logged on the internet, Facebook, email, etc.... all with my not pressing anything to activate this processes. I thought with the screen turned off and the need to swipe the screen to access anything on the phone, it would prevent these sort of things, but apparently not.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Apps running on their own

Scratches head.. ive found that its very easy to wake the S5 while in ones pocket. I use to take my phone out my pocket and all kinds of things would be running. Id suggest shortening the locktime even more. U have it set to a minute u hit the power key sleep it. Put it in your pocket u may be waking the phone b4 your hand even gets bac out your pocket. So u may have to be more careful when holstering. From personal experience.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa