why do people hate the s5 fingerprint scanner?

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I have used the scanner since launch day and I have never turned it off nor felt that it is finicky once you know the trick. It has got even better with software updates too.

Posted via the Android Central App

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I would want to use it for would be to purchase apps from the Play Store and it doesn't work for that. I think it works okay but having to swipe your finger across it is kind of annoying and doesn't work as well as the iPhone finger print scanner.

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
If Samsung even remotely looked like it copied an iPhone function Apple would sue, so theirs is different and it works.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I use mine with little trouble (only really troublesome times is when I may have had too much to drink - which works out well because that's the worst time to have easy access to your phone 😝).
I set up all three fingerprint options - meaning l have two of my index finger (straight up & at an angle) & one of my thumb - it helps greatly...

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
The s5 scanner sucks and hardly ever works. My iPad finger print scanner is flawless and works for the app store

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
The s5 scanner sucks and hardly ever works. My iPad finger print scanner is flawless and works for the app store

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Really? Well it seems to be pretty accurate if you really know the trick for me.

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I only have problems with 3rd party apps that use it, and only sometimes. The one that came with it has been bulletproof for me.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
It's just frustrating having to do it multiple times

Sent from the first device I'm able to pick up

claudeburdel

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Without a case it worked well, but after putting the phone in an Otterbox Defender, the fingerprint scanner worked only about 60% of the time, so I turned it off and now use unlock pattern.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I can never get it to recognize my thumb for one-handed unlocking (it registers my thumb but never actually works to unlock it), it is still picky when using my index finger, and the scanner prevents me from unlocking my phone when outdoors and wearing gloves (which happens a lot in the winter). I prefer Apple's implementation where I can just put my thumb on the sensor without having to swipe it. Even then I would disable that during the winters.

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I'll assume that everyone's tried loading the same finger into more than one slot. I have the first two programmed for my thumb (swiping it at multiple angles when programming it) and the third for my index finger. Programming the same finger into more than one slot seems to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa