Still no way to disable update notification without root?

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Started receiving the update notification yesterday but I am very happy with my phone as is. It's up-to-date up until this update and I'm the kind of person where I feel "if it aint broke don't fix it". I rather hate design changes especially. Anyhow, in the past the only way I knew for disabling the update was to root the phone and use an app to disable the AT&T update app. Are there any other non-root options? This is the one thing I wish they'd follow from the iPhone. Create an update notification area in settings and let it stay there. I don't need a nag screen every few phone unlocks. At least it's not as bad as when I had a Droid 2. With that thing literally I'd be prompted each and every screen unlock. Think I'm only getting it once or twice a day with my S5.

Rev.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Well, no replies but this thread can be deleted. Apparently I'm no longer being nagged to update. I'm thinking with each ignore they are now making the next message come up later and later or perhaps I'll only get it on reboots now, which I rarely ever do. So, not a bother anymore.

Rev.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss