Why isn't song info displaying via Bluetooth in my car?

cekoch

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I had a Samsung Galaxy s3 and when I paired it with my Honda Pilot, it automatically displayed song title, artist, and such when I listen to Pandora or Spotify via Bluetooth. I just upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy s5 and when I paired it with the Honda Pilot, the music will play but no information is displaying. If there is no way to fix this, I am not interested in keeping the new phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The profiles in the S3 and S5 are different. (New phones get new software.) Evidently your car's system can't communicate metadata with an S5. See if Honda has an update for the system (check the service department).

relabdallah

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I have a Honda Civic and the Galaxy S5 with Verizon and they were working great together. Once I did the update on my phone from android 4.2.2 to android 5.0, that is when I started experiencing issues with my music information being displayed in my car. Not sure if I am waiting on an update from android or from Honda. Honda told me I would be notified if there is an update for my car.

matth16

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
What Kenwood deck do you have? Looking for a Bluetooth deck, ideally mechless, that will display anything with my S5 (other than BT AUDIO A or AUX).

Robin Loveman

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here. 2013 Mazda 3 and Galaxy S5. They played well together until Lollipop, and now I can listen and change songs, but I can't view metadata. I was hoping 5.1.1 would fix the problem, but it hasn't. I usually use Spotify, but I've tried a couple of other apps with no success.

chelsmeach

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Having the same problem. I have a 2012 Honda Fit Sport w/ Navigation - My S4 displayed my Spotify song info just fine over the bluetooth on the nav system, and now with my S5, all I get is text on the nav saying my phone is connected. The audio plays fine, but yeah, no metadata. So annoying!

SjSUK

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site
I have oneplus 3t phone connecting by Bluetooth to Vauxhall radio AND aftermarket radio and at times neither will show track details /artist. My solution is:- start music app (Google music /spotify) if details don't show then turn off then on straight away bluetooth on phone. Music app will pause, once reconnected press play on radio or phone and full details are shown.

djred678

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
[SOLVED] The issue is your AVRCP version. Most likely you will need to downgrade it. First, you'll need developer options enabled on your Android (Settings>About Phone> then tap Build Number 7 times). After developer options are enabled, go to Settings>System>Developer Options>Bluetooth AVRCP Version. Try changing AVRCP version, restart the phone, and see if this fixes your problem. AVRCP is what controls the metadata that is sent to your bluetooth device.

Last edited:

Jwiltse

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried all 3 available AVRCP versions (1.4, 1.5 & 1.6) but none of them restore the ability of my 2012 Civic to display track info from Spotify or Pandora. Both worked fine until I upgraded from android 7 to 8. I asked the Honda dealership and they don't have any updates for the i-Mid system. Any other ideas would be welcomed.

bdbplatano

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I cannot thank you enough. I have been searching EVERYWHERE for a solution to this. I had this problem with 2 different phones in 2 different cars when trying to use YouTube Music. Countless feedback reports later, this was the solution. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It was driving me insane. Are there any negative reasons to downgrade to a less recent AVRCP?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo