SInce installing the new patch why does my contacts list keep crashing?

Cliff Chu

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
contacts crashed

after i installed the new patch, my contact list keeps crashing. i get this message at least 4x per day. anyone else experiencing this? if so, how did you handle it? Thanks

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: contacts crashed

I started getting this when I upgraded my Sprint S5 to Lollipop, I've done at least a few factory resets and it still seems to do it.

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Since I upgraded to lollipop on my Verizon S5 I constantly get the "unfortunately contacts has stopped" several times a week. This is also happening after a cache wipe and factory reset with minimal apps installed.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Since I upgraded to lollipop on my Verizon S5 I constantly get the "unfortunately contacts has stopped" several times a week. This is also happening after a cache wipe and factory reset with minimal apps installed.

Try wiping the cache on the individual app. It worked for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site

I tried clearing the contacts app, did not realize there was a contact storage app too. When I only cleared the contacts app it still happened, I just tried both tonight, I'll report if I still get the contact stopped message.

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

I did them both about 8 hours ago and upon unlocking my phone when I just woke up, the contacts stopped message just popped up.

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

I get the same contacts crash about 20 times per day. I have a gs5 on sprint and upgraded to new patch. It's annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

I don't believe it's a cache issue. It just started happening for myself and others, on different carriers no less, when we upgraded to lollipop. Not a coincidence

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

I was getting this constantly in Lollipoop. Upgraded back to Kit kat and I'm still getting this maybe once a day or so.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Same problem. I. Did several factory resets after the 5.0 update on Verizon. I suspect it is an OS bug that will have to be addressed by Samsung/carrier in an update.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Is this why my contacts won't show the old default/primary contact info? Been trying to set Facebook pics as primary but no luck.

kaicho

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

Yep...just got it..on Sprint.. "Unfortunatelly, unified daemon stopped" I don't know if it's the same issue...very annoying.

Old rocker on Tapatalk

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Make sure after you wipe your cache you wined up rebooting your phone. Also don't forget to wipe the cash of the individual application first

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch