Weird DST issue post Lollipop update

wellsmanfu

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I live in Arizona and we thankfully don't observe daylight savings time. Every phone I've had for the last few years has had the Arizona time zone as an option in the clock settings and my Verizon GS5 was no exception when it was running KitKat.

After the Lollipop update that option is no longer there and now my phone shows 2 times; one in the system tray at the top of the phone (which is the wrong time) and another in the weather widget. Anyone else notice this?

Posted via the Android Central App

JasonJonesImagery

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Thats what brought me here...
I'm noticing the same thing. S5 on Sprint. Tray time is 1hr ahead (WRONG TIME) and weather app is fine.
Settings are set to automatic time (from network).

wellsmanfu

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm going back and forth with Samsung support on twitter right now about it. They're initial response is that we can uncheck the auto time update options in settings.

I've asked what happens when I travel, my phone gets screwed up by another update like it did with lollipop and why they couldn't put in a small warning about that for us.

There are a few million people here in Arizona, it's worth a sentence or two about a change to a basic setting/function of our phones that we've all grown accustomed to over the last several years.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87