Why are my SMS & MMS receiving but not sending after Lollipop (Verizon)?

Cameron Cuncannan

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
SMS & MMS Recieving but not Sending After Lollipop (Verizon)

I have a Verizon galaxy S5. No problems, perfect phone. I upgraded to lollipop when it came out, and I love it! But, I reverted to KitKat for a day and a half a few days ago, and now a problem has arisen. I can receive SMS and MMS, can make calls, and can use mobile data. BUT! I can't send SMS or MMS messages (for ANY number). It just loads for a while and says sending failed. I flashed back to KitKat, and now it works fine!!! I tried again to update to Lollipop three different ways: Odin, over-the-air, and through Kies, and all three methods are causing this error. Why is this happening, and can I fix it? Every time I downgrade to KitKat it works just fine. Help, because I love lollipop and need texting for my daily life! I also got an error (one time) where I couldn't turn on my WiFi antenna. I have tried every possible method of data reset, initialization, battery/sim pull, and every kind of cache wipe possible.

renagade69

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: SMS & MMS Recieving but not Sending After Lollipop (Verizon)

I posted this on Saturday. The same thing happened to me. Verizon told me its a known issue with the new Lollipop and only the S5 and they working on a solution. My phone would not send txt but would send picture messages and receive txt and picture messages.

Cameron Cuncannan

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, but why did it work for two weeks then?!?!?! Idk, it's all bullcrap. The Verizon people I talked to only want me to "send it in for repairs", without a guarantee that it'll be returned without damage.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Talk to the people actually doing repairs inn a Verizon store. The people at "tech support" read answers off a computer screen. Verizon doesn't waste money on actual phone tech support, and never has. And I'm going back 15 years, at least. The techs in the stores at least have an idea of what's going on.

renagade69

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, but why did it work for two weeks then?!?!?! Idk, it's all bullcrap. The Verizon people I talked to only want me to "send it in for repairs", without a guarantee that it'll be returned without damage.

Mine also worked for a bit and sometime Thursday it stopped. I talked to the phone support and they would not tell me the truth. The store called tier 2 support and got me an answer. They swapped my phone out and told me not to update it.

cybeak

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

Three weeks and counting with the same problem after a Lollipop update,receiving texts but cannot reply or start a text. Tried 3 third party apps, hard reset, cleaned cache, etc. I have a ticket open with support and they promise a software solution in April. I am glad to hear that the store gave you a new one , I might try the same route. Thank you for posting it.

cybeak

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

The new Verizon update today fixed what was wrong, now I can send and receive texts. It got fixed an hour before Verizon's refurbished phone made it to my door.

SquidMane Roscoe

May 26, 2015
Visit site

The new Verizon update today fixed what was wrong, now I can send and receive texts. It got fixed an hour before Verizon's refurbished phone made it to my door.

What update was it. I have lollipop oc1 an I still cant receive text but I can receive them.

dmagikwand

May 18, 2015
Visit site

Edit: deleted post, info already provided.

Last edited:

etherealmyst

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site

I had this problem few days ago. I searched and I found this article: w.w.w.techlegends.in/how-to-fix-the-sms-bug-on-android-5-0-lollipop/

I thought the only way to resolve this issue is to go back to Kitkat. :(
But..But.. I'm inlove with lolli already. :)

Try for yourself!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards