S5 will not send/receive calls or texts

Peanut651

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm with Virgin Mobile on my S5 and I'm having some trouble making and receiving calls or texts, it won't do either but mobile data still works. My account is also all up to date, i'm never behind on payments. As soon as I dial and call a number it ends the call straight away. When someone tries to call me it says it's not connecting to my number at that time. Sending texts also doesn't work, they just fail.

I tried another sim card in my s5 and it does the same, although with a different sim card in it comes up with a message when it ends the call straight away, "conditional call forwarding active". But when I go into the forwarding settings they are all disabled and some of them I am unable to change because they are blacked out. I am unable to try my sim card in another phone because it will block the other device and I can;t remember the unlock details.

Also, with my own sim card in my s5, it does not come up with that forwarding message. It just ends the calls straight away with no messages.

I've tried a factory reset and an update to the newest OS and still doesn't work. It's also not the phone I originally got on contract with Virgin so i'm unsure they will help me or take it in for a check.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Dimon Daemon

May 6, 2014
Visit site
How did you update to the newest OS? By receiveng OTA? I suggest you may try to do a "full" upgrade through Odin (PC program for Samsung firmware upgrading), you need to update modem section of firmware, it could solve your problem.

Peanut651

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I got it through the phone after doing a factory reset. I had these problems with the calls before I updated the OS. I'll give it a try though, cheers.

Peanut651

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Bad news for me. Found out today that my S5 has been blacklisted by the previous owners company that they ripped off. Serves me right for buying second hand because it was cheaper than going through my insurance. My S5 is useless now and only good for parts apparently. Looks like it will be a fancy permanent mp3 player for the car now lol.

I'm due an upgrade next month anyway so I've just bought a £10 jobby for now. I do like the S5 and to be honest I think I will still stick with it come upgrade time. there's not many other phones that take my fancy just now, even the S6 which to me is more of a downgrade.

seud dino

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm with Virgin Mobile on my S5 and I'm having some trouble making and receiving calls or texts, it won't do either but mobile data still works. My account is also all up to date, i'm never behind on payments. As soon as I dial and call a number it ends the call straight away. When someone tries to call me it says it's not connecting to my number at that time. Sending texts also doesn't work, they just fail.

I tried another sim card in my s5 and it does the same, although with a different sim card in it comes up with a message when it ends the call straight away, "conditional call forwarding active". But when I go into the forwarding settings they are all disabled and some of them I am unable to change because they are blacked out. I am unable to try my sim card in another phone because it will block the other device and I can;t remember the unlock details.

Also, with my own sim card in my s5, it does not come up with that forwarding message. It just ends the calls straight away with no messages.

I've tried a factory reset and an update to the newest OS and still doesn't work. It's also not the phone I originally got on contract with Virgin so i'm unsure they will help me or take it in for a check.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non