Why isn't my Galaxy S5 lockscreen showing numbers?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S5 lockscreen not showing numbers

My Galaxy S5 is no longer showing numbers on the lock screen. It just shows little rectangles and I'm not able to unlock the phone. I've rebooted the phone, but the lock screen still doesn't show numbers.

DoraAubree

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
That didn't work.

The screen will still unlock, but the numbers/icons don't show and the date and notifications are wiped out partially.

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing also, not as bad though. I did a boot mode and wiped cache.
Home button, volume up, and power button.
Mine was just the numbers 3,4,8,0. Not everything like yours. Around teh same time frame I am still receiving ad.king tacking crap on my browser. I uninstalled chrome and installed Dolphin and still doing it just not as much. I get a pop up on the web for candy crusch in the itunes store.
Not sure if this is related. Saw online to go into apps and uninstall an app called network. I do not have it. So I am not sure how to get rid of this.

DoraAubree

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Tapping the buttons did work to unlock the phone. Phone started crashing last night. Ended up taking out the battery and everything is fixed now!

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 lockscreen not showing numbers

Mine was doing that yesterday. For me when I hit the numbers they still worked. I also used the button on the right side to bring up the menu and hit restart and all was good.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oloren

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello
i wanted to know, you lock screen problem really solved?
i have this problem about 2 month and didnt solve it yet

thanks

Dianne Harvie

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I had the same thing and remembered where the numbers were for my password so got in and then held the button on the right until it said restart. I then hit restart and now it's back with the numbers again.

Cheers:)

Rickwg

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
My s5 does the same thing and has done for awhile. The reboot of the phone is only a temp thing until next time. No one here has mentioned a cause or a fix, they only mention a temp solution. An answer would be nice ...... a real permanent fix better still.