Need fix for the Countdown to reset wrong PIN , 1 try left, can I get some help with this?

Ralphw1962

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Need fix for the "Countdown to reset wrong PIN , 1 try left

Hello, This is the second time this has happened in 3 weeks. I set PIN use it fine for a while... one day make mistake...get nessage
"I have 9 tries left before phone is auto matically rest to factory, losing all personal data."
Someone handed my phone to grand son knowing I had a pin. well he used up 8 more tries. now if I use a pin and make a mistake I lose everything. this is rediculous! this should default back to zero in time at least or not be there at all. alyone can reset my phone by putting in the wrong pin. so now I walk around with unsecured phone. Just not a good feeling. someone messed up on this on.
There needs to be a fix for the
"Countdown to reset wrong PIN" NOW!
I have samsung galaxzy S5. thought I was getting a decent phone as my wife has S4 and loves it.

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Need fix for the "Countdown to reset wrong PIN , 1 try left

Why not use the fingerprint scanner? It's not Samsung's fault if someone handed your phone to your grandson and he tried to guess your phone. This is what happens when you secure your phone with a pin or even with the fingerprint scanner. You would have to provide a backup pin number if the fingerprint authentication fails. It's a failsafe to protect your data. Most smartphones have this system.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Ralphw1962

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

the first time I was using the fingprint scanner. worked fine the one day it would not work and i got the countdown with out taking my pin.
had to reset everything... this is a useless thing and i fell i'm always on the edge of losing everything...it dosent protect my data.... it deletes it and resets phone.

Skimmt

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

theres an option in the settings to make it so after 10 wrong guesses it wipes the phone... you can uncheck it and won't have any problems

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87