Albums Missing from Gallery

ABradford86

May 15, 2015
Visit site
All but my Camera Album from my SD card are missing.

However, I can find them in a file manager app. My downloads, screenshots, and Camera folder on the device are all there, just not in the Gallery.

When I take a photo now, it creates a new folder in the Gallery. However, the photo that I taken when navigated to it in file manager, is in the same folder as the missing photos?

I've cleared the cache and data. Restarted the phone multiple times.

What are my options?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You are talking about a microSD card, and not the "internal SD," right?

Using the file manager, go to the folders that are missing from the Gallery. Do you see a file called .nomedia in any of them? If so, delete that file, since it instructs the system to ignore the folder when looking for media files to add to the Gallery and other media databases.

When you say you cleared cache and data, do you mean from the Gallery app?

If it's a microSD card, it's possible the card is getting corrupt. Try a different card and see if the same problem occurs. Or unmount the current card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer. Then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors. http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html