iPhone-sent emoji shows as blank squares

kyandii

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Please help me out with a solution! I've had this problem for a while, but with the new iOS emojis, it's become even more obvious. In some messaging apps such as Line and Kakaotalk, if an iPhone user sends me an emoji, I get a blank square instead of the emoji, even though when I copy and paste into Google and search, the emojis show up in the browser. This is a very tedious workaround, though, when I want to just see the emoji and be able to respond right away.

Is there any way I could fix this and have it show the emoji? My S5 is unrooted at the moment but I don't mind rooting it if it is part of the solution.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Please help me out with a solution! I've had this problem for a while, but with the new iOS emojis, it's become even more obvious. In some messaging apps such as Line and Kakaotalk, if an iPhone user sends me an emoji, I get a blank square instead of the emoji, even though when I copy and paste into Google and search, the emojis show up in the browser. This is a very tedious workaround, though, when I want to just see the emoji and be able to respond right away.

Is there any way I could fix this and have it show the emoji? My S5 is unrooted at the moment but I don't mind rooting it if it is part of the solution.

Welcome to Android Central!

You may need to contact the app developer and see if they have a solution in the works for this.

Raveneo

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It's the emoji color update. It's annoying, we won't be able to see them properly until our keyboards/OS/whatever are capable of selecting colors too.

Posted via the Android Central App