How can I get my custom notification sounds to work on my S5?

Fiery_WA

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
S5 Default Sounds

I have set my S5 Mini with all the sounds I want, different sounds for different things.

However when it comes to the Clock > Alarm, something I use on a regular basis (old timers is setting in), even though in "Notifications" I have set it to the sound I want, the Clock > Alarm just refuses to play ball, it always defaults back to Samsung's sound.

It is such a quiet sound, I have on occasion missed an appointment, I normally remember to set the sound I want the phone to play, but on the odd occasion I have forgotten, hence the missed appointments.

I have searched the phone for these sounds, hooked the phone up to my PC, and done a search just on the phone for those pesky Samsung sounds. Both way's it cannot find the sound I so desperately want to be rid of.

All of my other Ringtones and Notifications work as I have set them, bar Clock > Alarm.

Does anyone know how I can find them, and delete them?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: S5 Default Sounds

Stock alarms are in a /system file. You will need to be rooted and using Root Explorer, or something similar. The pathway is...

system/media/audio/alarms

Plan B for unrooted users.

Download Ultra Alarm, (or whichever tone you choose), and copy and paste it into the following folder...

sdcard/Ringtones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress