Please Help!! Trying to restore phone back to factory settings

djeuro1981

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new here and i was wondering how i would go with setting my phone back to factory settings after it was rooted "i purchased it like this" Bare in mind i live in Australia and my model is SM-G900I and im locked to the Australian OPTUS network, im needing the factory ROM so i can reset the phone, been trying to find one but have had no luck

Thank you

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new here and i was wondering how i would go with setting my phone back to factory settings after it was rooted "i purchased it like this" Bare in mind i live in Australia and my model is SM-G900I and im locked to the Australian OPTUS network, im needing the factory ROM so i can reset the phone, been trying to find one but have had no luck

Thank you

Hello and welcome to Android Central djeuro1981!

Assuming that you rooted using the CF-Auto-Root kernel method

You will need to go to SuperSU in your app drawer and in its Settings, select the unroot option. You will then need to download the latest stock Samsung firmware for the G900i model of phone with Optus carrier branding. This will need to be flashed to your phone by carefully following the instructions and video contained in the links of #1.11 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Model SM-G900I
Model name GALAXY S5
Country Australia (Optus)
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 4826466
Build date Mon, 04 May 2015 02:29:02 +0000
Product code OPS
PDA G900IDVU1BOE1
CSC G900IOPS1BOD2

If you also want to wipe all data from the phone as well and return it to its out-of-the-box state, you will need to do a Full Wipe+Factory Data Reset as per #2.3 and #2.4 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

Last edited: