Does samsung's S-View case drain battery?

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I've been thinking to buy the s view case for my GS5. But.. will it drain my S5's battery? Like... it will need more battery to detect the magnet and turn the phone's screen on or off. If it drains more battery than non s view case, is the impact great on the battery life?

ThisGuyJoseph

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Not sure, but I do believe so. I recently got the galaxy s5 and it came with the s view case, I have been using the case ever since I got the phone, but my phone will die after like 2 or 3 hours of moderate use. When standing idle it lost 16% in 12 minutes.

ThisGuyJoseph

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I wanted to test it. I unplugged my phone this morning and haven't plugged it in yet, no s view case. So the case does drain the battery, maybe less dramatically for some, but highly noticeable for me.

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I think it improves my phone's battery life, as the screen doesn't accidentally turn on in my pocket when I'm using it...and it was all of $8ish for the green one on Amazon! You can't lose! I switch it up though. I use a clear case with a white back when I'm going to be using it outside in the sun (helps keep it cooler), and sometimes just my black back when I want a slim fit and don't want it to fall out of my hand.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89