Notification Question?

Dougal95

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Hello all. Being out of my home country for some months, my is constantly 'notifying' my I'm roaming. Duh! I know;) Is there by chance a way of turning off this particular notification? I had the same issue with a call recorder app running all the but found where to turn that off.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you referring to the phone telling you that you're roaming, or that you're "roaming using data"?

If you're roaming with data, I found this on another forum - it may get you into the right ballpark.

Go to the data roaming chart...click on the right side of the limit bar and drag it up to like 10GB...that should delay the message being triggered until you use that much data...worked for me!

Dougal95

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Not entirely sure;) There's constantly a 'banner' saying "You Are Roaming - data is disabled - Tap here to enable". Mobile data and roaming are switched off as i have WiFi most of the time, and bing on payg, I don't want to enable. Just wish the banner would go away.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
OK, gotcha... I'm in Canada and don't roam on data either. I would have to sell my house for 100 MB based on my carrier's roaming charges. I just ignore the little symbol. You can clear the notifications and I think it will stay away until the next time you reboot. So when you do, just clear your notifications. Without being rooted, I doubt there's much you can do about it.

Dougal95

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
OK thanks. After reading many of your posts, I'd respect your opinion on whether it's worth rooting. I've seen many conflicting opinions.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I don't see the point of rooting. I rooted my previous phone (Galaxy S3) but removed the root after about 6 months. Since I can disable the apps that I don't want running, that's usually good enough for me. I am running Nova Launcher and a few widgets but nothing that requires root access.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty