Hp 4520 printer problem with Galaxy S5

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Suddenly, when I scan multiple page documents, I don't get the option to scan another page. In other words, I have to individually scan each page. What's the fix. Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Verizon

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hp 4520 wireless printer

I installed the above printer that is used exclusively for my Samsung Galaxy S5-Verizon Edition. There is no PC, Laptop involved. I'm able to print and scan, although the scanning and printing involves switching back and forth between wifi connections.
I see the option for WiFi Direct. What exactly is the difference, and why would I want to do it? Thanks.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Hp 4520 wireless printer

WiFi direct means that the printer itself acts like a hotspot. You connect to the printer itself using ITS connection, not your home WiFi.

If your printer supports web printing/scanning, just set that up instead.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hp 4520 printer problem

This printer will not* scan multiple pages *so that I can assembl*e into 1 document. My* older hp 3520 would *ask if there were mor*e pages to scan. What*'s wrong and is there* a workaround.
This question was posted to HP's site, but I've not received a response.
Thanks*.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
This printer will not* scan multiple pages *so that I can assembl*e into 1 document. My* older hp 3520 would *ask if there were mor*e pages to scan. What*'s wrong and is there* a workaround.
This question was posted to HP's site, but I've not received a response.
Thanks*.

Not sure this is the right forum for that question.

Check and see if there's a software update. Are you using your phone or your computer?

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
You will need to check the manual for that specific printer and see how (or if) it can be done. Most apps will have the scan feature for these types of printers, but some may not.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I've gotten a little further along with the setup of this printer. I was able to get an email address for the printer, but it won't accept any entry. I tried the wifi password and my regular email password. None works. Any other suggestions. Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

That's a great tip. I've tried using the site but I can't seem to be able to submit my problem. Is there a Chat line that I can use to speak to a live technician to help me? Thanks.

After 30 minutes on the phone with an incoherent Tech person, I gave up. I asked for an email address so I could communication my problems in writing. All I got was their support site which is useless for me. The biggest problem is printing photos. The printer will not let me set the photo size. It will print only on full size 8.5x11 paper. Can anyone help? Thanks.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you getting an error message?

I use a Samsung Printer, and Samsung Mobile app refuses to spool since under Marshmallow it can't find the external SD card. My card is media. External card in this case needs to be data so spool can be written.

I gave up on Samsung and used Hammermill. Have not tried with Brother Laser.

HTH

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you getting an error message?

I use a Samsung Printer, and Samsung Mobile app refuses to spool since under Marshmallow it can't find the external SD card. My card is media. External card in this case needs to be data so spool can be written. You might be having a similar problem. You can also see if HP put out new printer software.

I gave up on Samsung and used Hammermill. Have not tried with Brother Laser.

HTH

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Photos printing

I have a hp 4520 wireless printer. I can load over 10 photos and they print fine, but 1 4x6 will not print as it appears on screen. I've been at my wits end trying to get the photo to print exactly as it appears on the screen. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Photos printing

Maybe try usb cable through the computer. Could be some setting you can change on computer that you can't on your phone. I have similar issues at times with my printer and going through the laptop works...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia