S5 Work Phone Cracked Screen, Worth Fixing?

critical_level2

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Last October I received a new work phone, a Galaxy S5 (AT&T). Unfortunately right before I put the case on, I fumbled it and the screen cracked. It was only a small crack at the bottom edge. Then a few days later, the entire screen went black.

Since it is a work phone and needed it right away, I bought a Moto E (had an old Best Buy gift card) and put the sim card in it.

My work allows us to upgrade our phones every 2 years. I have around 13 months left before I can upgrade to a new phone. That l;eaves me wiuth a few choices:

1. Pay to repair the S5. Work doesn't cover cracked screens and the nest price I have gotten is $180.

2. Continue to make due with the Moto E until I can upgrade to a new phone.

I am not sure if it is worth spending the money to fix the S5 due to the cost. Any suggestions are appreciated.

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It all depends on your pain point. I have seen a bunch of kiosks in various malls that advertise $99 to repair screens. I have not invest gated yet (knock wood) so that might be an option. eBay might be another again I haven't explored it. 180 seems steep on an older phone. I am in the US (north east, medium city) and I don't know where you are located if that makes a difference.

If nest price is best price then I would shop around more, 13 months will fly by
Verizon S5
Android 6
(bought the insurance and replaced my phone a couple of months ago due to screen burn in)

critical_level2

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I will check around the local malsl to see what I can find. I am in the US, just outside Philadelphia. I also think $180 ius a bit much as used ones ae selling for $160-180.

Herschel Cloggings

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Generally screen repairs run $120-200 depending where you go. I know batteries plus Charges $120 nationwide if there's one by you. For $200 I would just sell yours as cracked and buy a new one on amazon for $250