kittysback

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I very rarely fold my screen but did yesterday and it appears cracked in the fold. I'm thinking I read where it's the screen protector that's actually cracked. Has samsung been good on replacing these and if so, I assume u have to send the phone back to them?? My phone isn't even a year old.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I think they offer one screen protector replacement for free. This may not be everywhere though.

You should be able to get it done at an authorised repair center rather than sending it to them, if there's one close enough to you.

If it's cracking though I would think it's the screen rather than the protector... but what do I know.

Reactions: J Dubbs

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I think they offer one screen protector replacement for free. This may not be everywhere though.

You should be able to get it done at an authorised repair center rather than sending it to them, if there's one close enough to you.

If it's cracking though I would think it's the screen rather than the protector... but what do I know.
Actually it is the protector that starts cracking as it ages and wears over time. It can start to damage the screen from the sharp edges though if you don't fix it pretty quickly.

A lot of folks replace it themselves like a screen protector on a normal phone, or you can pay $20 or so to have a shop do it. I've seen a couple do it yourself jobs using aftermarket protectors, and they didn't stick for too long. I'd purchase another Samsung protector or have it done under warranty 😉

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Actually it is the protector that starts cracking as it ages and wears over time. It can start to damage the screen from the sharp edges though if you don't fix it pretty quickly.

A lot of folks replace it themselves like a screen protector on a normal phone, or you can pay $20 or so to have a shop do it. I've seen a couple do it yourself jobs using aftermarket protectors, and they didn't stick for too long. I'd purchase another Samsung protector or have it done under warranty
Well that's good news, better the screen protector / top layer than the ultra pointless glass

• Haha
Reactions: J Dubbs

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site

I had that exact same thing happen with the Zflip3. I brought it to a Samsung Experience store and they replaced free of charge.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I very rarely fold my screen but did yesterday and it appears cracked in the fold. I'm thinking I read where it's the screen protector that's actually cracked. Has samsung been good on replacing these and if so, I assume u have to send the phone back to them?? My phone isn't even a year old.
That's common. Contact Samsung support they will create a screen protector tore replacement for you. Anad even send you a shipping label.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174