Problems with Sprint S5

beantown

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I updated my Sprint S5 with the latest software update, G900PVPU3CPH3, for the August 2016 security update, after doing this update I noticed a few issues. I noticed that apps which can be moved over to sdcard are showing, but are grayed out as if it wasn't installed. Another issue I've noticed is, I normally use facebook with the stock S5 browser app - which I had set thru the settings within the app to save pictures directly to my sdcard, now when I save a picture, I can pull down the notification view it, but when I go into the file manager in order to move it to a different folder, the picture isn't there anymore. None of these issues were there prior to this update and all started since I updated to Sprints G900PVPU3CPH3 software update. I have searched around online and did see others having the same problems, but posting here since I know how helpful this forum can be. There are other issues too, such as, even if I use a different browser and download anything, it'll save to the internal memory which always happened even prior to updating, then I move the file to the sdcard and everything would be fine, but not so after this update. I'll move it over and for some reason it's not viewable. I've also noticed random reboots, screen turning black, the phone would reboot and get stuck on the Sprint splashscreen which then I'll need to remove the battery. Basically, does anybody have any ideas what could be going or what I could do. Also, my phone is not rooted, I've been the only owner of this phone too. Thanks for hearing me out and for any suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the SD card might have gotten corrupted during the update process. The card is not supposed to be affected by the update, but I certainly have seen posts that describe this kind of thing.

Go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

Also, what happens if you try a new or different SD card?

beantown

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like the SD card might have gotten corrupted during the update process. The card is not supposed to be affected by the update, but I certainly have seen posts that describe this kind of thing.

Go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

Also, what happens if you try a new or different SD card?

Thank you for providing the link. I will check it out, along with trying a different SD card as soon as I get home, and will post whatever happens, good or bad....Thanks again!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty