Don't trust YouTube speed test videos

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have seen all these speed tests on YouTube, claiming how slow the latest Android flagships are compared to the previous iPhone flagship, (iPhone 6).

I can tell you that these so called speed tests are not indicative of real world. I was at a friend's house who has an iPhone 6 that I was playing around with. And I can tell you, it was NOT fast at all. I in fact was quite disappointed with it. My Galaxy S5 was faster and more responsive. I can just imagine if I had one of those new Pixel phones, it would slaughter it.

Seriously, don't even waste your time looking at these videos. If you think an iPhone is better, play with one yourself, don't bother with the reviews. Oh, and the battery life absolutely sucked. I was thoroughly dismayed with the iPhone 6, considering how I have read all these glowing reviews about battery life and performance.

Roostaapp

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
What about the apps that can "identify and test your download and upload speeds" are they accurate or is it just rubbish? every time iv'e tried it it basically tells me that my internet provider are liars and i should ask for a refund haha

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
What about the apps that can "identify and test your download and upload speeds" are they accurate or is it just rubbish? every time iv'e tried it it basically tells me that my internet provider are liars and i should ask for a refund haha

Good point. Well let me tell you this, download speed doesn't have the effect on a phone's performance as you think. This friend's house had a download speed of over 20Mbps. My home is about 6Mbps and my folks home is about 2Mbps. My phone ran no faster at my friend's house than at my folks home.

As far as proving how reliable Wi-Fi speed tests are, it's pretty simple. Just test it a few times. If it's the same each time, I'm convinced it's reliable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer