photos are tripled

Nola Barrett

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
Hello, I am completely stumped and hope someone can help me. I had to reset my phone back to factory recently and something happened with my photos. Before reset, I took a picture and it went to my gallery as well as Google photos where photos were dated. In my gallery, you could delete and edit photos. I also had a folder called Picasso which had all photos and could not be deleted. Now after the reset, I take a photo and it goes into a folder that says gallery, you click to open gallery and there is the photo or s that were taken that day. You can not delete nor edit them. Also Picasso is there which mine now has over 1 thousand. There are 3 lines in the upper left corner. The drop down window gives you 2 options, one is called album and that's the one you are on. The other option is called time, click on it and it acts and looks just like Picasso, can not delete and they are all dated and cannot edit. But on time there are at least 3 of each item. Can't uninstall cause that's not an option anywhere. And the only place to edit or crop a photo is to go to your camera and click on the last photo taken. Also, you cannot use any photos here for contacts or add any of them to anything. Please help. Also, after resetting, it says there is nothing on my SD card anymore. And I had to put everything back on it except my photos and I cannot put those on.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Apologies for nothing as far as help.
Was that folder named Picasso a preinstalled Samsung app?

This kind of sounds like your photos are uploading to 3 different cloud services.

When you reset your phone was the "wipe external memory" box selected?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Picasa is what Google Photos used to be -- the name and icon still persist, primarily in Samsung devices, and represent photos that have been backed up/uploaded to your Google Photos in the cloud. If you have your Gallery synced to Picasa/Google Photos, those cloud photos will show up in your Gallery app with the little Picasa icon. You typically can't delete those cloud photos using the Gallery app -- you'd have to use the Google Photos app to delete them.

You can see if your Gallery is synced to Picasa/Google Photos by going to System Settings>Accounts-Google, and seeing if Gallery sync is turned on. Or you might see a separate Picasa account.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
@b.diddy
There is a photo app in Google play named "Picasso" though.
Looks like it might be an abandoned app however.

Nola Barrett

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
I had Picasso before I reset it. now I have picasso, time, and gallery acts like Google photos, I also have that too. the normal gallery that I did have is no longer here. I have a folder marked gallery and looks just like it did, but acts like picasso, where you cannot delete or edit any photo. and none of these have the option to transfer to my SD card so I don't lose them. yes it said it was sync via wi-fi only. that's the only thing that was checked.

Nola Barrett

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
nothing was marked when it was reset. in fact, I had to do it but was dragging my feet cause I wasn't really sure what to do. my granddaughter took my phone and just did what ever she did and handed it back to me and said there. so nothing was checked. should I reset it again to get rid of the time folder? it has over 2000 pictures in it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@b.diddy
There is a photo app in Google play named "Picasso" though.
Looks like it might be an abandoned app however.

Oh I see -- I've found that when most people say "Picasso" here, they actually mean "Picasa." @Nola Barrett, can you clarify or confirm if you were using an app specifically called "Picasso"?

The "Time" option sounds like it's a selection to view your photos by time/date taken, rather than by album.

Can you show us some screenshots that can give us an idea of what you're dealing with? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Nola Barrett

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
yes, there is, but it says it I have used .96 gb of 29. the only thing it shows to be on it is android data. which are about 20 files . I don't understand because I just went through all my apps and put what I could on the external SD card. I did find a place where it says what was synced. these were checked, app data, calendar, chrome, contacts, drive, Gmail, Google fit data, Google play music, Google plus, People details, and picasso Web albums.

Nola Barrett

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
photo troubles

@b.diddy
Guytronic

1st, shows when you open gallery, 2nd is Picasa opened, 3rd and 4th is part of the time folder. There are over 2000.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-22-18-41-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-02-22-18-41-35.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 15

Nola Barrett

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
okay, I posted a new one. yes picasso is supposed to be Picasa. my Google photos are the same as the Picasa photos. the only thing that is in camera is what I took photo of the last shot.

Nola Barrett

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
Guytronic,

I don't know, but the folder called time is the one I want gone. the Picasa came with the phone, but there is no where to uninstall or disable it. the only thing I have found is to stop the sync to it. my son and his wife, we all 3 have the same phone and we all have Picasa photos. the geek guy told me they were on the cloud so they don't take space on the phone, but there was no way too get rid of it and all it did was store your photos safely.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I still think Picasa isn't an actual app on your phone, but simply a representation of your photos backed up to Google Photos in the cloud. Did you try going to your system settings, then Accounts, then Google, and see if there's a Gallery or Picasa option there? Can you show us some screenshots? It would be really helpful to see what you're seeing.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
This used to happen to me on my old phone when I activate it. Just go to settings>accounts>google>your google account>scroll down and turn of picasa sync. Then clear data for the gallery app

Nola Barrett

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
will that take care of the time folder that keeps tripling my photos. I did start a new thread and inserted 4 screenshots. but only 1 was there when I went to look at the post. it's the last one I added which was the time folder. showing part of the photos. I don't mind Google photos, but I do not need it and Picasa both and sure do not want time. have no clue where that came from, but it's terrible. also, when you go to add a photo to messenger that's where it goes to get it. the 2000 on time.

Nola Barrett

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
chanchan05, I did go there and there is no sync for Google photos, just Picasa. I posted a post 3 hours ago right above this telling what syncs there are.
b.diddy, I did post 1 screen shot of the time folder. I guess you can only have 1 attachment per post cause that's all it took. what shot do you need?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
chanchan05, I did go there and there is no sync for Google photos, just Picasa. I posted a post 3 hours ago right above this telling what syncs there are.
b.diddy, I did post 1 screen shot of the time folder. I guess you can only have 1 attachment per post cause that's all it took. what shot do you need?
After turning off the sync for Picasa you should clear the Gallery app data to remove all Picasa thumbnails.