S6 Edge Plus screen dead after long walk. Not it's dead, what can I do?

A

AC Question

S6 edge plus screen dead after long walk.

Hi, went on a 9 hour walk with phone in pocket in heavy rain. Put phone in sealed bag. Got back switched on phone and it had lines down screen , did a reset and now just black screen. The phone seems to be working as can hear beeps and sometimes screen shows up for a few mins with the lines down one side. The phone was dry but it must have got humid in bag. Do you think the phone could not deal with this ????? Thanks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: S6 edge plus screen dead after long walk.

It's possible. Test the possibility by putting the phone into a sealed container with some dessiccant for a while.....silica gel, or dry rice.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Why in the world would you walk 9 hours in the rain?

Posted via the Android Central App

Exactly.

"Hey, I was meandering under a waterfall for a couple hours, then I went through a waist deep swamp for a couple miles. Phone was in a sealed plastic bag, but I wanted to bring it with me in case I got a FB message or something. Now I think my phone got moist, is something wrong?"

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Exactly.

"Hey, I was meandering under a waterfall for a couple hours, then I went through a waist deep swamp for a couple miles. Phone was in a sealed plastic bag, but I wanted to bring it with me in case I got a FB message or something. Now I think my phone got moist, is something wrong?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! This is why I love this forum. I am going to unlike this comment just so I can like it again.

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Hope you can afford a new phone. You should have at least stopped somewhere and picked up a plastic bag to wrap it and protect it from the rain.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

A SEALED bag?? Your phone probably died from asphyxiation!!

Psst, most of us here aren't any help are we?

But you have to admit, this is funny...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress