Samsung S6 edge plus- black screen w/flickering- need help

MisterPseu

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus and was casually using it. I put it down for about 30 minutes, notice I have a notification and find that my screen was stuck black. I knew about the black screen of death and did the recommended factory reset. All that proceeded to do was cause the screen to flicker images of what would be on the screen. I proceeded to take the sim card out and try the process again, to no avail.

Also to mention, the screen does have some slight damage (none to the LCD screen) to the face of the phone due to a car accident two months prior.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try forcing a shutdown by pressing and holding Power and Vol Down together for about 15-20 seconds. Then try powering on again normally.

MisterPseu

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I have done a force shut down via holding the power and vol down together. I continue to get the same results of a black screen with flickering images for a few short seconds of what would be on the screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's probably a hardware issue, then. Hard to know exactly what--maybe it's the screen, or the screen's connection, or something with the battery or motherboard. You'd have to take it to a repair shop to find out more. Sorry!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38