Bluetooth Volume issue since Nougat update

PatrickMJ

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I am new here and was unable to find anything on this so if it has been asked please excuse the duplication. I have an S6 Edge Plus and I just recently updated to Nougat (7.0). Every since then I have not been able to adjust the Bluetooth volume when I am connect to my car stereo to use my phone. When I try to increase the volume it wont go higher than about half way (level 15 on my stereo). When I try to turn it up it automatically decreases back to the half way point. This is only when I use the phone, it does not affect the volume control for the MP3 player and it only does it in my car. I have tried volume lockers and various Bluetooth Volume controls and no luck. Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas on how to fix it or override it?

pjbarry21

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have this same issue -- with an S6 Edge (not the Plus). My stereo is a Kenwood (KMM-BT515HD). I plan to do a firmware update to the stereo (just noticed they released one a few months ago), but my last issue with this phone and stereo was a problem with call waiting and audio distortion (if a call came in while I was on a call, neither call was intelligible) and that actually got resolved by the Nougat update. So, I suspect this issue is a problem with the phone and not the stereo.

Oh, and I have found that if someone calls me (and I haven't initiated the call), then I can adjust the volume. I've also unpaired and removed the BT connection between the two and re-paired and no change.

PatrickMJ

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I have a Kenwood stereo as well. I did find a Firmware update so I will run that too. I was able to get the volume turned up and have not touched it so it has stayed at the same level. Thanks for the reply.

karynr

May 15, 2017
Visit site
PatrickMJ, I have the exact same problem. Kenwood radio...bluetooth works fine except with call volume, display won't go above level 15. You stated you were able to get the volume turned up...how did you do it???? Hope to hear from you soon.

Posi82

Dec 25, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Kenwood KDC-X5100BT and a Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016), since an update to Android Nougat 7.1.1.
The volume of calls don't go above level 15.

Any solution please????
Thanks a lot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy