Edge's edges being protected.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I go into a VZW store today and fell head over heels over the Edge. The display is unlike anything I've ever seen before.
The ONLY downside I see is protection.
I am the type that has dropped my phone and had I not had a case on it, it would have been jacked up.
My question to our Edge owners here is:
Do you have a case that allows you to have protection on the screen rolled edges
AND
still enjoy those beautiful rolled edges to view pix and videos and text on?
Or is everyone just running theirs bareback?

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I drop my phone all the time. Pre-ordered the edge this morning. After a day of researching every screen protector out there for the s6 I was dissapointed by the results. I use a Rhino Shield on my s4 right now with a thin case and when I emailed them they said they will have a screen protector for the s6 by next month but nothing go the edge in the near future.I looked into cases and realized that bulky cases would just defeat the purpose of having the edge. Ultimately, I decided to call verizon to cancel my order and get the s6 instead.

S6edge46220

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I've had my Edge for 2 months. No case or screen protector. Multiple drops from waist high onto the screen...not a ding yet. My camera ring is showing some scratches but that's it.

Posted via the Android Central App

mdarch

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I use a Spigen Galaxy S6 Edge Case Liquid Crystal, clear so you can see the phone, makes it easier to grip the phone but edges still free

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My S6 edge is a little more than a week and it has been accidentally dropped 3 times. Thank goodness nothing happened. I have been looking for a screen protector, but so far I have not found one that I like. Every time I want to place an order for one I look at the negative reviews and I change my mind. So no case and no screen protector for now.

dgh1981

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Well yesterday I dropped my s6 edge glass down on pavement getting out of my car. I now have a small crack right on the edge part of the screen. Boo. Looks like I'll be sending my phone to samsung for repair

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I got an anti glare screen protector at AT&T when I picked up my phone, and a cheap $20 body glove TPU style case that covers the phone without any bulk, but keeps the edge free

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I go into a VZW store today and fell head over heels over the Edge. The display is unlike anything I've ever seen before.
The ONLY downside I see is protection.
I am the type that has dropped my phone and had I not had a case on it, it would have been jacked up.
My question to our Edge owners here is:
Do you have a case that allows you to have protection on the screen rolled edges
AND
still enjoy those beautiful rolled edges to view pix and videos and text on?
Or is everyone just running theirs bareback?

Obliq [Slim Meta] Ultra Slim Fit. I have been using this and find I really like it. Protects well and the Edges are there for my enjoyment.

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I have had my phone 3 weeks and have had a case on it but probably not the best one because I dropped it the other night on my tile floor now the screen is cracked in a straight line across it where it looks like someone took a fine point pen and drew a line on it. I cried buckets. My local repair shop wants $300 to fix it. So it will go on ebay and I can sell it for around $500 and buy a new one with the $300 they would have charged. Lesson learned no more cheap ebay cases only good ones from now on!