Battery life sucks as a Samsung usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
It has to go back. I refuse to be plugged up to a charger like I'm an iPhone user, this is pathetic!! HTC One would easily last me until 10 p.m. daily

Rydsmith

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Looking through your post history, all I see are posting praising the LG G3 and slamming every Samsung device.

I'm beginning to think you don't own an S6E.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Why does everyone always cry troll when they don't like reading something against their device ?

I've got the edge, I can prove it. And the battery life is indeed terrible.

I love the device though, that's just it's major flaw that's all

Rydsmith

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Why does everyone always cry troll when they don't like reading something against their device ?

Except he does this EVERY time, when it's a pattern it's not speculation, it's trolling.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

Same thing with me. I've had the edge since last Monday and battery life is a huge issue - there is a big drain on WiFi when in Standby (at least with the T-Mobile units). Roughly 5% per hour drain not even touching the phone. Like the OP, when I reported it I got back a fair number of slams from posters in the Forum that I have an "agenda", I am one of a handful of people experiencing bad battery life, etc., etc.

Deniers need to look on the S6 and S6 edge forums on XDA Developers. LOTS of people complaining about the same thing. It's rampant at this point as more devices get out there. I think the OP's stats are terrible - it shows under 3 hours SOT which is pretty much where I have been at for the past week.

People may not want to hear it but the OP is right. The S6 is a GREAT phone but it has a battery issue. That said, it seems fixable by a software update that I'm holding out for because the phone is terrific.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Same thing with me. I've had the edge since last Monday and battery life is a huge issue - there is a big drain on WiFi when in Standby (at least with the T-Mobile units). Roughly 5% per hour drain not even touching the phone. Like the OP, when I reported it I got back a fair number of slams from posters in the Forum that I have an "agenda", I am one of a handful of people experiencing bad battery life, etc., etc.

Deniers need to look on the S6 and S6 edge forums on XDA Developers. LOTS of people complaining about the same thing. It's rampant at this point as more devices get out there. I think the OP's stats are terrible - it shows under 3 hours SOT which is pretty much where I have been at for the past week.

People may not want to hear it but the OP is right. The S6 is a GREAT phone but it has a battery issue. That said, it seems fixable by a software update that I'm holding out for because the phone is terrific.

I mentioned you possibly having an agenda because you were telling someone to worry about purchasing the S6 based on your experience with the device. Your experience, the severity of it at least, is in the minority. All I did was point that out.

As far as the rest of this thread is concerned, it happens with every phone. People have a bad experience and rant. I'd worry about it if it was indicative of how the device generally performs. It's not.

Posted via the Android Central App

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

At this point I don't think an update can fixed this...Samsung with it's obsession to be a thin phone has dropped the ball in battery..I can imagine how bad it will get 3 months from now,knowing Samsung abysmal record in battery quality...I can't take it,I've gone from plugging in once a day to 3 times a day and that I can't take anymore

Nice N Sticky

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
At this point I don't think an update can fixed this...Samsung with it's obsession to be a thin phone has dropped the ball in battery..I can imagine how bad it will get 3 months from now,knowing Samsung abysmal record in battery quality...I can't take it,I've gone from plugging in once a day to 3 times a day and that I can't take anymore

Then return the phone and get something that isn't Samsung. IDK what to tell you other than that. No one is forcing you to have it, and while I'm sure many people appreciate your less than tactful presentation of your distaste for all things Samsung, there are plenty of other phone manufacturers out there.

I'm interested to see what happens when people start recieving their AT&T and Verizon phones. I have a gut feeling that this problem will be almost non-existent on those carriers.

Najo

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Then return the phone and get something that isn't Samsung. IDK what to tell you other than that. No one is forcing you to have it, and while I'm sure many people appreciate your less than tactful presentation of your distaste for all things Samsung, there are plenty of other phone manufacturers out there.

I'm interested to see what happens when people start recieving their AT&T and Verizon phones. I have a gut feeling that this problem will be almost non-existent on those carriers.

This.

Posted via Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer