T Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge on AT&T Network

Nextnexus

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello All! I have been enjoying my Tmo GS6Edge for a few weeks now, and have had some recent dropped calls issues with Tmobile's service. Does anyone know if I can take my device over to ATT and use this phone successfully with LTE, etc? Would I have to get this phone "unlocked?"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Nextnexus

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response! The device is currently locked to Tmobile, but I own the device outright. (bought it from a 3rd party and brought it to the Tmobile store for a sim & activation)

So my phone should have the proper radios for At&t's networks? Any drawbacks to this vs having the ATT model?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello All! I have been enjoying my Tmo GS6Edge for a few weeks now, and have had some recent dropped calls issues with Tmobile's service. Does anyone know if I can take my device over to ATT and use this phone successfully with LTE, etc? Would I have to get this phone "unlocked?"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Also the phone has to meet the "UNLOCK" requirements. I believe it's 40 days on service.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a line w both at&t and t mobile. I bought the t mobile standard s6 full retail with the thinking of maybe using on att at some point. Less bloat and branding, and settings menu is not altered.
From what I was told...even if you have a tmob from on instalments or paid off completely, you have to wait 40 days to request having it unlocked. So I have to wait even though it's paid off.
Very very cool of T-Mobile to unlock phones with payments just 40 days in. ATT is really good about unlocking now but if you still owe $1 on the device they will not budge.
Side note... I'm so impressed with how much T-Mobile service has improved in my area now (compared to 9 months ago) that I'm going to keep this w tmob.

Posted via the Android Central App

polevaulter008

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Good morning all,
I am new to forums so forgive my ignorance. I am also, not one to complain, but every time I see a post about using a T-Mobile S6 edge on At&T 4g LTE, it always trails off on to unlocking it and the question is never answered. I switched to AT&T about 3 weeks ago and I have been searching and searching for the answer on how to get LTE back on my phone. Does anyone know?? AT&T tech support is worthless and cannot help me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95