PLEASE HELP!!! ATT Galaxy S6 Edge 64gb. Gear VR Nightmare!

dadekash

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
It all started last night 4/28/15. Out of no where, my phone, on it's own, takes me to the Gear VR setup Wizard. It wouldn't let me close out of it, shut off the phone, nothing. I went to app manager and uninstalled everything related to Gear VR. Then 10 min later I get an all black screen with a little white X along the bottom edge screen and my phone becomes completely disabled. A robotic voice comes on telling me to turn on my Gear VR.

I dont have Gear VR, never have, never will. How can I stop this from happening again. It does it out of no where and renders my phone useless for 10 minutes with a black screen. Please help.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to do a factory reset?

If you can't access Touchwiz, do one from the Recovery menu

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
what the heck is Gear VR in the first place. I have seen it on my list of apps under app manager but never tried it. I think I got it disabled but I'm not sure.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
what the heck is Gear VR in the first place. I have seen it on my list of apps under app manager but never tried it. I think I got it disabled but I'm not sure.

roy_geejay

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site

Gear VR is a virtual reality thingy just like the oculus rift. It's cool worth trying. Optimised for the Galaxy S6, S6, and the Note 4 only

Posted by the Gold Platinum Galaxy S6 Edge via the Android Central App

JoeGz

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me recently. Factory reset did not resolve the issue. 5 minutes in and it will initialize the VR again. Had to get a replacement phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
You could try downloading package disabler and using it to disable the 3 vr packages.

Posted via galaxy s6

Attachments

• 844.jpg
    844.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 69

Manuel Sansone

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I tried it but now the issue is only changed (not resolved)..
Now I can see my lockscreen wallpaper but I can't interact with the smartphone...
Samsung is really disappointing me..

Patrick Williams13

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I had exact same issue. There is dirt in the usb port. Get some double sided tape and wrap it around a needle or toothpick and dab it in and out of the usb port very gently. This fixed mine instantly.

maklinesr

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Last night Note 5 refused to charge, the USB "dead". I rebooted, it charged for a while. I looked for anything else new and found something like "oculus" or some such thing, clicked it, mentioned GEAR VR, so I went back to applications, found 3 related applications, dropped them, it's behaved since then.