Will Samsung fix the screen brightness bug on the S6 Edge?

305rob305

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
We all know that every Edge has this brightness bug. I returned m8ne because of it and have gone to several stores and tried demos. The regular S6 does not have this issue.

You turn off Auto Brightness off and you put it to the max. You cover the top of the phone and the phone still dims. Again, it's only happening to the Edge. Maybe Samsung this this on purpose? I just want to know... I'm about to just get the regular version...

Anyone with and insight??

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
We all know that every Edge has this brightness bug. I returned m8ne because of it and have gone to several stores and tried demos. The regular S6 does not have this issue.

You turn off Auto Brightness off and you put it to the max. You cover the top of the phone and the phone still dims. Again, it's only happening to the Edge. Maybe Samsung this this on purpose? I just want to know... I'm about to just get the regular version...

Every Edge? Nope, not every. mine doesn't do that. The first one that I had that I returned because of overheating didn't do that either.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Just tried it and I was able to reproduce it once out of like 20 attempts. Can't say I'm too concerned over it. I use auto brightness almost always too.

305rob305

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Every Edge? Nope, not every. mine doesn't do that. The first one that I had that I returned because of overheating didn't do that either.
I say every Edge because I tried them all in different stores from different carriers and they all did it. Not one was fine. Every s6 regular were fine. What carrier is yours?

jdunker26

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I've tried three Edges and they all had this bug. The auto bright was off and all the way up. I'd put a flashlight over the light sensor and the screen on every edge became much more bright. My current edge also has the same issue. Lately the brightness has been changing on it's own too. I made sure auto bright is off and battery saver is off too.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Verizon - Black 128GB - no problem with brightness changing when set to manual. I do have the faint glow of the Flash LED after I take it off of the charger...sort of like the afterglow from a nuclear strike?? But it doesn't stay on. I unplug it when I wake up...go take a shower...and about 1/2 hour later it is completely off.

jdunker26

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Verizon - Black 128GB - no problem with brightness changing when set to manual. I do have the faint glow of the Flash LED after I take it off of the charger...sort of like the afterglow from a nuclear strike?? But it doesn't stay on. I unplug it when I wake up...go take a shower...and about 1/2 hour later it is completely off.

Take a flashlight and place it over the light sensor on the front of the phone. You'll see it go much brighter.

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Take a flashlight and place it over the light sensor on the front of the phone. You'll see it go much brighter.

I tried a flashlight, I even tried another phone and used it's torch light on the front sensor, mine screen stayed the same.

I tried setting brightness all the way up and used the lights, then back to where I had it, around 25%, still the screen stayed the same with auto brightness off.

I tried covering the sensors with brightness set both high and low, not change there either.

So some S6 edges do it, and some S6 edges don't, but not all S6 edges show that problem.

jdunker26

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried a flashlight, I even tried another phone and used it's torch light on the front sensor, mine screen stayed the same.

I tried setting brightness all the way up and used the lights, then back to where I had it, around 25%, still the screen stayed the same with auto brightness off.

I tried covering the sensors with brightness set both high and low, not change there either.

So some S6 edges do it, and some S6 edges don't, but not all S6 edges show that problem.

That's what I was afraid of. I have one of the early releases so it might just be a defect or something. If they all did it a update might fix it. I doubt they'll update for just a few phones with this issue.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

No, not all, you can't assume that because you found the issue in all the ones you tested, as you can see a lot of us don't have the issue, tried the flashlight and covering the top of the phone with the hand and there was no change on my T-mobile S6 edge brightness.

Nate512

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Crazy. Crazy try a different theme. I downloaded and started using the Nike one and I don't have the brightness issue anymore lol must be the touchwiz default one causing headaches..?

Posted via S6 Edge on T-Mobile

jdunker26

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Crazy. Crazy try a different theme. I downloaded and started using the Nike one and I don't have the brightness issue anymore lol must be the touchwiz default one causing headaches..?

Posted via S6 Edge on T-Mobile

I'm going to try a new theme. Hopefully that fixes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress