Where to buy the Galaxy S6/ Edge unlocked in Las Vegas?

Chris Wayne2

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my uncle is going on a trip to Las Vegas in a few weeks (we are from Mexico) and I'd like to buy a Galaxy s6 or s6 edge (if I can save those extra bucks) so I was wondering if there is a place where he could buy it for me unlocked (without the carrier bloatware please!), is there a way to get it as I described?, thanks in advance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The factory-unlocked version will not be available for a while in the US, only through carriers. Verizon's phones usually ship unlocked, but still have carrier bloatware and you'd have to check if the frequencies from your carrier are compatible.

The only way to get a factory unlocked version right now is through Amazon... but they're not cheap. AT ALL.
Amazon taking pre-orders for some versions of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge | Android Central

At the current dollar exchange rate VS Mexican Peso, you might want to watch out for sellers bringing their unlocked phones either from Brazil or Europe (usually through MercadoLibre, that's where I used to buy mine when I lived there).

If you're on Telcel, the most compatible ones are usually from AT&T and T-Mobile. Movistar is usually compatible with T-Mobile, and Iusacell is most compatible with Verizon's.

Chris Wayne2

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
The factory-unlocked version will not be available for a while in the US, only through carriers. Verizon's phones usually ship unlocked, but still have carrier bloatware and you'd have to check if the frequencies from your carrier are compatible.

The only way to get a factory unlocked version right now is through Amazon... but they're not cheap. AT ALL.
Amazon taking pre-orders for some versions of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge | Android Central

At the current dollar exchange rate VS Mexican Peso, you might want to watch out for sellers bringing their unlocked phones either from Brazil or Europe (usually through MercadoLibre, that's where I used to buy mine when I lived there).

If you're on Telcel, the most compatible ones are usually from AT&T and T-Mobile. Movistar is usually compatible with T-Mobile, and Iusacell is most compatible with Verizon's.

Well that sucks but thanks for the complete answer, I don't wanted to but I guess I'll have to go the Verizon way (had a S5 from Verizon not long ago and it was LTE compatible on telcel). BTW pre orders at MercadoLibre start at around $1300 US dollars so big NO haha.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
WHAT???!!! At the current exchange rate that's around 20 thousand pesos!!! Please tell me you converted with the 'old' 10-peso rate at least! If not, that's INSANE!!!!

Also, good luck with the Verizon one. The pre-orders for that one just started today, so they're all at least a week behind other carriers in delivering them.

Chris Wayne2

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
WHAT???!!! At the current exchange rate that's around 20 thousand pesos!!! Please tell me you converted with the 'old' 10-peso rate at least! If not, that's INSANE!!!!

Also, good luck with the Verizon one. The pre-orders for that one just started today, so they're all at least a week behind other carriers in delivering them.

Nope, converted with the current exchange rate, don't even ask for the price of the Edge variant, they literally just killed all my hopes of getting that version.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I did some searches and there are some selling it for over 20k pesos! Wowzies! There are some more 'sensible' ones, though, going for 16k, which is still high but on par with what the unlocked version is being sold here.

angellanus

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
hola, como estas? estuve leyendo tu pregunta y quisiera saber donde compro tu tio el teléfono en las vegas. yo estare por ahí el 20 de octubre y quería comprar el s6 edge plus desbloqueado. sabes de algún lugar donde comprarlo? te agradeceré tu pronta respuesta.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89