Two questions I can't seem to find an answer to.

Martin Rios

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello all! Just got my new S6 yesterday finally got everything up and running from apps to all the customization. There's 2 things that I'm looking for that I can't find anywhere. Does anybody know if you can still hide apps but not disable them or uninstall them? Also is there a way to turn off pop up on text messages and hangouts messages? I only need them to show on notifications not on half my screen lol. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello all! Just got my new S6 yesterday finally got everything up and running from apps to all the customization. There's 2 things that I'm looking for that I can't find anywhere. Does anybody know if you can still hide apps but not disable them or uninstall them? Also is there a way to turn off pop up on text messages and hangouts messages? I only need them to show on notifications not on half my screen lol. Thanks!

Issue 1: Yes you can still hide apps, just install a new launcher and change the icon for the app you don't want to see.
Issue 2: Look in the app setting for Text Messages, and as for Hangouts, I don't think you can do that.

Martin Rios

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Its actually just an ocd thing lol.. I like hiding apps that I use but don't need access to like some keyboard apps and widgets that I download sometimes have apps that I don't need in the app drawer.

Martin Rios

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the answers though I will be using a custom launcher eventually I have nova but right now I want to keep the stock look because its the first time I'm actually enjoying touch wiz.