If your on the fence...get it!

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes I agree. Go get the phone! I was on the fence because of past touchwiz experience but I am really happy with the smoothness and overall performance of this phone. The build quality and feel of the phone just adds to the great experience.

Posted via the Android Central App

Zod1010

May 21, 2013
Visit site
It'd be hard for me to recommend the phone to everyone. I think if you use your phone a lot, the battery life may be an issue for you.
I'm coming from an M8 and my S6 is lasting longer and still getting better each day. Then again, I'm on VZW in an area where their presence is very strong.

Also if you're a purist and prefer things close to what Google's guidelines are, then this probably isn't the phone for you. IMO if you need to install a launcher to the phone, then it's already failed on it's UI. I'm running Google Now launcher and there's no way I could go to using Touchwiz full time. It's just atrocious to me.
If you're a Google purist you would just buy a Nexus and call it a day. Passing on a phone, because of the vendor's UI, when there's such a wide array of launchers to choose from would be like passing on the new PC you want because you don't like the color of the mouse it comes with.

I don't think anyone would really be disappointed with the phone if they purchased it, but I think people who value certain aspects of a phone very high may have issues with it. However I'm always reluctant to recommend things because things I value in a phone may not be what others value, or things they value I may not care about.
I don't disagree with what you're saying, but what you're saying is also true of almost every product. Very few products are all things to all people. That said, if you're looking for an Android device, there isn't currently a better option. Perhaps there's an option that's more desirable to the individual, but not a better option.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, if it wasn't for the average battery, I would have purchased it already. As it stands right now, I may wait for the Note. It's a shame.

I wouldn't worry about the battery main last me all day . And that all most need . Stop listening to the naysayers and the haters

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
It'd be hard for me to recommend the phone to everyone. I think if you use your phone a lot, the battery life may be an issue for you. Also if you're a purist and prefer things close to what Google's guidelines are, then this probably isn't the phone for you. IMO if you need to install a launcher to the phone, then it's already failed on it's UI. I'm running Google Now launcher and there's no way I could go to using Touchwiz full time. It's just atrocious to me.

Though if you're after a great screen and camera, it has that. The phone to me is a surprising mixed bag. Some things about the S6 I really like and others I really don't.

I don't think anyone would really be disappointed with the phone if they purchased it, but I think people who value certain aspects of a phone very high may have issues with it. However I'm always reluctant to recommend things because things I value in a phone may not be what others value, or things they value I may not care about.

I'd like Samsung to focus more on the software with the S7. Really push hard to make the next Touchwiz a really great UI to use.

Most of what you said I'd agree on . But there's no prefect phone . My question to you is do you actually own the are just going by hear say . Cause most of the things people say on these forums negatively about the gs6 don't even own the phone . I actually own the phone and will give a A rating as one of the best new phones to Date . By the way i get al day battery life

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
If you're a Google purist you would just buy a Nexus and call it a day. Passing on a phone, because of the vendor's UI, when there's such a wide array of launchers to choose from would be like passing on the new PC you want because you don't like the color of the mouse it comes with.
THIS.

Besides, TouchWiz justifies itself because of the Samsung Camera app. The fact that I can side step the launcher with Nova is gravy.

Also, the Google Launcher isn't even that great. Actually, it's even less customizable than TouchWiz launcher, and I'd use TW over GNL any day. But I don't have to.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Not getting through the day. Everyone has a different situation with the GS6. Some are suffering from the Lollipop issues and carrier issues as well as possible device issues. Hopefully, with the next update, these issues will be mitigated and those with these issues should see an improvement in battery life if not already from the recent OTA updates assuming their carrier rolled one out. Battery size specs aren't necessarily the gold standard for whose flagship device will top the charts.

I consider myself lucky then, but I'm also coming from a DNA which only had a 2030mah battery.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Most of what you said I'd agree on . But there's no prefect phone . My question to you is do you actually own the are just going by hear say . Cause most of the things people say on these forums negatively about the gs6 don't even own the phone . I actually own the phone and will give a A rating as one of the best new phones to Date . By the way i get al day battery life

I own the phone. Had it for a month now.

Regular S6 64gb model.

Solitude1984

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I decided to pull the trigger today and get the phone. I just have one question - is it possible to put a widget (like a calendar) in place of briefing? I know how to disable briefing, just can't figure out how to put anything else there. :)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I decided to pull the trigger today and get the phone. I just have one question - is it possible to put a widget (like a calendar) in place of briefing? I know how to disable briefing, just can't figure out how to put anything else there. :)
Just create a new blank one. I believe that you can't do that. It,won't let you drag it to the trash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87