Not All S6 Are Created Equal...

Jbartu

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I have been in possession of one S6 Edge and three different S6, all on Verizon. I won't get into great details on why, unless someone insists, but basically it has been a result of switching from the Edge to the regular S6, changing lines, and Verizon's policy on the Edge up option of changing phones with every new contract. I claim not all S6 are created equal because I found a significant battery life difference between one of these phones and the other three, all under similar usage.

The S6 Edge and the first S6 I received were very impressive, to me when it came to battery life. I was getting 5-6 hours of SOT with 1-2 hours of talk time on heavy days, making it a full day anywhere from 16- 18 hours. With average usage (3-4 hours SOT), I would go to bed with 30%-40% left on the battery.

When I received my 2nd S6 this all changed. I went from the above mentioned usage to 3-4 hours with the same talk time and I was hitting the low battery warning. I noticed the talk time really killed my battery longevity. I tried resetting the phone, clearing the cache partition, and other suggestions to no avail. I returned that phone and tried one more S6. To my pleasant surprise, I returned to 5-6 hours of SOT with 1-2 hours of talk time.

Being on Verizon, I noticed the Cell Standby drain with WIFI on with all of these phones. I am keeping WIFI turned off unless I need it until there is an update. One other note worth mentioning, I purchased all of these phones at Best Buy and I noticed the 3 phones that worked well all had the small code sticker on the back of the phone; the S6 that gave me issues did not. I believe this sticker was just a tag to ID the phone, but perhaps they were from a different batch than the one without it. All of these boxes were sealed, so I don't believe the issue phone was a return.

Again, this is just my experience with multiple S6 phones. For those still having battery issues, you may want to try a replacement.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
The inconsistency in the battery is driving me nuts. My first charge cycle I managed 17 hours off the charger with over seven hours of SoT. Today I managed nine hours off the charger with only 4-5 hours of SoT. Like wtf is going on

Jbartu

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
The inconsistency in the battery is driving me nuts. My first charge cycle I managed 17 hours off the charger with over seven hours of SoT. Today I managed nine hours off the charger with only 4-5 hours of SoT. Like wtf is going on

Does talk time differ at all between the days mentioned? As I said above, I noticed a decent drain on heavy talk days.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No knowing how your use habits differ, it could network issues or app management.