How can I transfer pics onto my laptop?

A

AC Question

Transfering pics

Brand new to android and currently have a Samsung S6
Im wanting to transfer my holiday pictures onto my laptop of which there are about 200. I've connected my phone to the laptop, its scanned it and says there's over a 1000 pictures to import. Once i transfered them all there's pictures that arent even on my phone. A lot of them are icons of apps, pictures from the game Top Eleven and some random Facebook pictures?? Any ideas as to why its doing this?

iseededppl

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Transfering pics

Connect USB, Wait for drivers to install. Autoplay Folder should popup. IF you have a fingerprint security, Unlock your phone. Go to Phone > DCIM > Camera and copy/cut and paste all your photos to your laptop.

Magor226

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. It's the fact that it's picking photos not even in my camera roll. Where does it upload the pictures from?

Posted via the Android Central App

iseededppl

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. It's the fact that it's picking photos not even in my camera roll. Where does it upload the pictures from?

Posted via the Android Central App

Hello, are you using Samsung Kies?
If so it is probably importing files from your phones cache. These pictures are used to make your phones apps load faster. You can Clear your cache by going to Apps > Smart Manager > Clean all. However I would suggest you download UC Clean from the PlayStore and use Mass Storage to copy files to your laptop. You can use Kies for backing up your data and installing updates.

Last edited:

Pixelsalad

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

S6 has 100 free gb storage on OneDrive. Register there and your photos will automatically upload to your storage whenever phone finds a wi-fi.
It's super convenient

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

This is actually an answer to the subject line ... I use AirDroid. It works great for downloading selected photos to my computer.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Just dragging them from the phone to the computer, when the phone is plugged in, works too. AirDroid or Wifi File Transfer keeps you from wearing out the charging port.

iseededppl

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

This is actually an answer to the subject line ... I use AirDroid. It works great for downloading selected photos to my computer.

I find airmore easier to use and better designed. Apart from the fact that I need to use a web interface (on PC) rather than an application like AirDroid

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I find airmore easier to use and better designed. Apart from the fact that I need to use a web interface (on PC) rather than an application like AirDroid

Hmmmm ... possibly I am misunderstanding you, but I use a web interface on my PC with AirDroid. But, I will check out airmore.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that you cannot text from the AirMore web interface. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loka Marwa

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

Connect USB, Wait for drivers to install. Autoplay Folder should popup. IF you have a fingerprint security, Unlock your phone. Go to Phone > DCIM > Camera and copy/cut and paste all your photos very good