Bluetooth headset disconnects/reconnects

A

AC Question

Hello folks,

I have a Samsung S6 (Android V 5.1.1). I have recently been having issue with my Plantronics Legend bluetooth headset disconnected during calls. I have had two replacements and I'm working on my third. Plantronics has been great to work with.

I can be talking on the phone for 45 minutes and it will work fine. Or I can be talking for 5 minutes and the headset will say "Phone one disconnected". What is so frustrating is that it is very intermittent.

At this point I seriously doubt it is the headset. I'm starting to suspect there is an App on my phone interfering. here is why:

I will re-start my phone in SAFE mode and I have no issues. Here are my questions:

1) How can I tell what App uses/attempts to use my Bluetooth

2) Once in SAFE mode is there a way to start introducing App that normally run on my phone. I suspect I will have to go to the App Manager and gather a list of what is usually running.

3) HELP!!!!

Thanks - Rick U.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, you usually have to uninstall apps one by one to narrow things down. I think some phones let you reenable an individual app in Safe Mode, but most don't--try going to the App Manager while you're in Safe Mode and select a 3rd party app to see if you can enable it.

Your Safe Mode testing most likely shows that it's a 3rd party app causing the problem, but just to be sure--does this only happen when you have wi-fi on as well? 2.4 GHz wi-fi signal can theoretically interfere with Bluetooth, so you could try turning off wi-fi and see if the headset ever drops out.

Rick U1

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Thanks - I will certainly try turning off Wi-Fi next time around. Even thou the vendor suggested it was not an issue ( I did ask that).

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Rick U1

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
B. Diddy - THANKS! What a simple solution to just turn off the WiFi. Even though the vendor suggested this would not work. It is a little annoying having to remember to turn off the WiFi, but is better than getting dropped calls.

Thanks Agian.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! I use a Nexus 6 but I found this post from a Google search. I went through two Plantronics Voyager Legends with this problem and finally gave up and bought the new Voyager 5200. It was better for a while, but now it's disconnecting too.

I'm going to try turning off 2.4 GHz on my router first. If that doesn't help, I'll see if I can force my phone to not use 2.4 GHz, or try to write something for Tasker to turn off WiFi when I'm on a call.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnanthRam