3 x 4 Keyboard on Galaxy S6 no longer working properly

BobEric

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Apologies if this has been answered already. I did do a quick search and didn't see anything. I have also spent hours googling too, but to no avail.

I installed the latest marshmallow update yesterday and since then my keyboard isn't behaving properly. I use the 3 x 4 keyboard, which works like old phones with buttons that had the T9 option; I press the key that contains the letter that I want, and based on the other keys I press, it works out what word I want (with a reasonable degree of accuracy too, I might add).

After the update, when searching for anything using youtube, the playstore or google/internet, the T9 doesn't work, so now in order to get the letter I want, I have to hold the key down and swipe to the letter I want, or press the key one, two, three or four times depending on what letter I want.

I sent onto Samsung Live Chat and apparently the latest marshmallow update removed this feature (auto replace no longer works on the 3 x 4 keyboard). Ordinarily I would accept this, and move on, looking for a third-party 3 x 4 keyboard, however, when writing text messages, emails or using whatsapp, the 3 x 4 keyboard works perfectly, as it did before the update.

If anyone has any advice or information on this, I would be most appreciative. I know I could bite the bullet and move to a QWERTY keyboard or swipe or something, but I'm not giving up on the 3 x 4 just yet as it's working fine for some apps.

:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthHONK