An update ruined my screen brightness

cherrycrush94

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I tried searching for this problem, but couldn't find an answer. I've updated my device this morning (I run Marshmallow 6.0.1 for quite some time and it didn't show any problems until now), and since then, I have a really annoying screen brightness problem, as if the sensor for it is completely broken (which is definitely not the case, as I haven't dropped my phone since I updated it, and I didn't have this problem before). The brightness, no matter if it's set on auto, or not, always "blinks", i.e. turns itself brighter and lowers the brightness (not by too much, but enough to get you annoyed) all the time within a 1 second interval, especially when high brightness is used, but does it with even lower setting used, when the phone is moved a bit. Has anyone have this problem before? Do you know how to resolve it (except the factory reset, which I want to do only in the case nothing else helps), and is there a way to "downgrade" the update I installed, without a complete reinstallation of the device? It seems like even though they release updates every two weeks or so, this update is really unstable and I already regret I installed it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

cherrycrush94

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your reply! I know how to do that, but I really want to try resolving it in another way (if such is possible), before making a hard reset on it :)

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I tried searching for this problem, but couldn't find an answer. I've updated my device this morning (I run Marshmallow 6.0.1 for quite some time and it didn't show any problems until now), and since then, I have a really annoying screen brightness problem, as if the sensor for it is completely broken (which is definitely not the case, as I haven't dropped my phone since I updated it, and I didn't have this problem before). The brightness, no matter if it's set on auto, or not, always "blinks", i.e. turns itself brighter and lowers the brightness (not by too much, but enough to get you annoyed) all the time within a 1 second interval, especially when high brightness is used, but does it with even lower setting used, when the phone is moved a bit. Has anyone have this problem before? Do you know how to resolve it (except the factory reset, which I want to do only in the case nothing else helps), and is there a way to "downgrade" the update I installed, without a complete reinstallation of the device? It seems like even though they release updates every two weeks or so, this update is really unstable and I already regret I installed it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Love how folks so quickly advise factory reset, not noting that you will lose all of your data and settings, and should be the last resort. Before resorting to a system reset, clear system cache per one of these sites;

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-clear-the-cache-on-the-galaxy-s6
http://www.solvemix.com/index.php/a...amsung-galaxy-s6-perform-wipe-cache-partition

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed