T-Mobile preorder tracking?

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I got the tracking number Monday starting you order shipped but when I track it the UPS info is just showing processing. Question for those who have received your order..... Did your shipment just show up before the UPS system updated? Or were things in real time like location, out for delivery?
I just don't want it sitting at my door for a long time. I'm traveling and can have someone look out for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine did show up as Processing (the tracking number is generated when the label is created but not when the phone has actually shipped).
In my case, I got the tracking number on Sunday, got the updated statement in my e-mail (with the actual IMEI of the device) on Monday morning, and the tracking number finally showed as shipping on Monday night. Got my phone last night (apparently I'm on UPS's last route).

Things in the UPS site were pretty accurate and real time. If you're registered on MyUPS you can even have a window of time when they might deliver it (mine is always between 4.30 and 7.30pm). The e-mail and tracking update that my package had been delivered after I signed for it came in like two minutes after. So pretty close!

BTW, if you're traveling, make sure this is being sent to somewhere they can sign for it or register for MyUPS so that you can authorize release without a signature or the driver will not leave it at your door!

Bryant Laney

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Got my shipping label notification on Sunday and got my shipped notification this afternoon will be getting my device tomorrow.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine did show up as Processing (the tracking number is generated when the label is created but not when the phone has actually shipped).
In my case, I got the tracking number on Sunday, got the updated statement in my e-mail (with the actual IMEI of the device) on Monday morning, and the tracking number finally showed as shipping on Monday night. Got my phone last night (apparently I'm on UPS's last route).

Things in the UPS site were pretty accurate and real time. If you're registered on MyUPS you can even have a window of time when they might deliver it (mine is always between 4.30 and 7.30pm). The e-mail and tracking update that my package had been delivered after I signed for it came in like two minutes after. So pretty close!

BTW, if you're traveling, make sure this is being sent to somewhere they can sign for it or register for MyUPS so that you can authorize release without a signature or the driver will not leave it at your door!

I have never had to sign for any phone that I have ordered from T-Mobile because of my UPS. They just leave it inside the screen door. I am usually at work when they deliver the package so as soon as UPS says it's been delivered, I head home and grab it and go back to work.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, but that only works if you have MyUPS set up for that. If not, they'd (in theory, some drivers will just don't care and leave it) require a signature at the address.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty