Here is a laugh to make your day...I think (Rant alert)

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I wanted the Samsung Protective Insurance, that's all, sounds simple..... Not

1. Online Link yesterday was not up, and running for the new S7.

2. Chat could not help either, but gave me a phone number which I called.

3. Called, and the rep said it was still too either, and call back tomorrow.

4. Back to the link today, and low and behold the S7 was listed, but the IMEI number was not recognized so back to the phone again.

5. After a long wait, the rep said I called the wrong department even though it was posted on the link. She passed me on to another department.

6. And after a long wait, the rep said I was not at the right place again, though the other rep transferred me there. This new rep passed me onto another dept.

7. And this time I was sent back to the very first place that I had made an inquiry. Now I'm on hold again for (Over 20 minutes) another long wait.

8. New rep on phone just now, and stated he was aware of a new email that just came in regarding the Samsung Insurance. We don't have a link posted for them to help me further he reported, and could not help at this time. He continued to say that this is another dead day for the new S7, though it is the official release day, and try and call in another day or two.

I know its just a rant, but Samsung should know better, and since it's such a large enough company, you would think it would have this worked out. So, no insurance and I might just go with my Carrier (Verizon-God help me)

Edited: Another day and another try, and this time I got a result, which was, Verizon and Samsung has a deal that Verizon phones Carrier will not allow Samsung to sell there insurance. Must use another or Verizons. Good God.

Last edited:

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I wanted the Samsung Protective Insurance, that's all, sounds simple..... Not

1. Online Link yesterday was not up, and running for the new S7.

2. Chat could not help either, but gave me a phone number which I called.

3. Called, and the rep said it was still too either, and call back tomorrow.

4. Back to the link today, and low and behold the S7 was listed, but the IMEI number was not recognized so back to the phone again.

5. After a long wait, the rep said I called the wrong department even though it was posted on the link. She passed me on to another department.

6. And after a long wait, the rep said I was not at the right place again, though the other rep transferred me there. This new rep passed me onto another dept.

7. And this time I was sent back to the very first place that I had made an inquiry. Now I'm on hold again for (Over 20 minutes) another long wait.

8. New rep on phone just now, and stated he was aware of a new email that just came in regarding the Samsung Insurance. We don't have a link posted for them to help me further he reported, and could not help at this time. He continued to say that this is another dead day for the new S7, though it is the official release day, and try and call in another day or two.

I know its just a rant, but Samsung should know better, and since it's such a large enough company, you would think it would have this worked out. So, no insurance and I might just go with my Carrier (Verizon-God help me)

Larger the company the more idiots they have. Just think of Verizon and what the CS reps are capable of. Call in 100 times and you'll get a good rep about 20 times.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Just tried again with no luck. The rep also asked me if I have registered the phone on Samsungs site, which I replied "Yes". Will see what tomorrow brings.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
The Verizon note 5 and S6 phones were not eligible for Samsung Insurance. I belive that was some agreement between Verizon and Samsung. Big red wants you to buy their insurance. I

Posted via the Android Central App

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
The Verizon note 5 and S6 phones were not eligible for Samsung Insurance. I belive that was some agreement between Verizon and Samsung. Big red wants you to buy their insurance. I

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes, I called back to Samsung today, chat was again no help, rep on the phone said I would have to go to Verizon and get their insurance. No thank you Verizon. I will think about switching to AT&T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress