External SD Card - any lag when accessing or saving photos?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
How is the read/write latency when saving pictures and video to the external SD card with the S7 edge? I realize that the SD card's capabilities plays a major factor in creating or avoiding perceptible lag.

I have the Note 5 64GB version and reading/writing photos to storage is super fast with no perceivable lag. Looking ahead to the Note 6 with the assumption that it will reintroduce the SD card storage option, lag when accessing the external SD card is my primary concern. On my Note 2-4, I did notice lag when reading/writing photos to external SD, and I did have the fastest/lowest latency SD cards available at the time.

I'm managing fine with 64GB, and if the Note 6 has an internal 64GB storage option then the above concern will be a moot point.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
No latency at all in either writing to the SD card or retrieving. To be safe I got a Samsung Pro 32 GB card. So I have 54 gigs available for storage which is more than enough for my needs.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
No lag at all for me but I haven't tried any burst shots yet.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If you bought a slower SD card, please just save photos and videos to internal storage and MOVE THEM LATER. This will remove the need to buy an expensive card. All cards read much faster than write, and internal storage will write faster than any card available. So do yourself a favor and always save pictures to internal storage and migrate them to the external later on. You will have zero performance issues.

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
If you bought a slower SD card, please just save photos and videos to internal storage and MOVE THEM LATER. This will remove the need to buy an expensive card. All cards read much faster than write, and internal storage will write faster than any card available. So do yourself a favor and always save pictures to internal storage and migrate them to the external later on. You will have zero performance issues.
Totally agree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress