S7 Edge Home Button Question/Issue?

Alan Sims

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Got my S7 Edge and really really like it. However, one this is kind of irritating me...the home button.

Maybe it's just me, but I have to press the button fully in the center with my thumb or finger to get it to work. If I click it down fully on either the right or left sides of the button nothing happens.

Are all the units like this? I've had Galaxy phones in the past where no matter where you pressed the button, a little to the right, left, or center it would respond to being clicked.

Maybe I'm just over thinking it too. Lol. Anyways, let me know what you all think.

Thanks in advance!

Mine works from anywhere

spho68

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Resurrecting this thread, I'd learned to live with a home button that wouldn't always respond unless pressed centrally, but the screen lately developed a fault with a pink line running from top to bottom. Sent it in for repair via EE with a note that the home button was also poor, and they have fixed the button issue. Now works great, as it should have done from new. Makes the phone much nicer to live with.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Interesting to see this thread. I got a refurbished phone as a replacement from an insurance claim after my screen shattered and the home button needs to be pressed centrally to work reliably. If on the edge then it'll only worked if pressed hard. The thing is everything else about the phone works great so I'm accepting it and just getting used to pressing the centre. Given that there is a thread on this it seems to be a common manufacturing issue. Now apple have dropped a physical home button hopefully Samsung will now follow suit

Gabe Pena

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine and its doing the same thing. I was wondering If i was crazy so I went to best buy and tested every single edge 7 and regular s7. None of the display models exhibited this phenomenon. I'm going to replace it today, just didn't have my receipt or box. It's just too expensive to have to deal with pressing the home button three times to get it to register.

Jaismommy

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Hey I saw you swapped it out for another. Is the new one still working better?? Thinking of swapping mine, I just got it this past weekend.

Jaismommy

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I just got mine and its doing the same thing. I was wondering If i was crazy so I went to best buy and tested every single edge 7 and regular s7. None of the display models exhibited this phenomenon. I'm going to replace it today, just didn't have my receipt or box. It's just too expensive to have to deal with pressing the home button three times to get it to register.

Did you swap it out?

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Got mine replaced on Tuesday. My account manager didn't ask any questions and immediately approved the replacement. I was lucky as he told me that Bell's policy is that if the phone is less than 2 weeks old they will replace it with a new one and if it's older, they will send it to Samsung for repairs. Happy I didn't wait. The new phones home button works great!

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
My home button stopped working after noticing that issue .got it replaced and now samething happening again.
Wish, that's not good.

They must give you a replacement phone.

My Home Button seems perfectly fine, so is everyone's i know personally who own S7 Edge, from a close friend, to my mother, grandmother and little brother.

The bad Home Buttons must have been on a certain batch of S7s/S7Es.

drusmom

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I am having issues with my home button after doing the most recent update....it takes a few seconds for it to turn on after I push the home button...any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87