GS7E not recognizing SD card and not connecting to computer, how can I get it working?

steve1279

May 25, 2014
Visit site
GS7E not recognizing SD card and not connecting to computer

I just got my GS7E yesterday and its amazing. However I have 3 issues, issue 1 is the SD card is not recognized by the phone at all. I was at best buy getting a screen protector and told the guy about it. He told me to speak to the Samsung booth. I did that and this brings up issue #2, they wanted to do a reset of the operating system to was out of whack. They hooked phone up and nothing. The phone would not connect to the computer, it was as if nothing as plugged in. It's doing the exact same thing right now while plugged into my laptop. It's not showing up as one of the drives. Lastly, the battery is not what I have read about on here. It just drains wayyy to fast for being new and not being used.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: GS7E not recognizing SD card and not connecting to computer

If you just GOT it, just RETURN it and get a new one. Best Buy has a 14 day, no arguments exchange.
I CAN NOT BELIEVE that the Samsung guy let you walk away knowing that issue was present and SEEING it for himself with a brand new phone.
Return it and get a new one.
Make sure it works. Sounds like a lemon!

AndroidVic

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: GS7E not recognizing SD card and not connecting to computer

Keep in mind that at Best Buy...the guy in the Samsung booth is not necessarly a Samsung expert..its just his turn to work the booth. Prior day, he may have been selling car radios. SO don't ASSume he knows anything.
With the S7, when you plug it into a PC, its not auto recogonized. You have to pull down your notification screen and you will see a line telling you its charging....Touch for other USB options. Touch that line and you then see then option to connect to a PC. Try that first.

As for the SD card, try letting the phone format the card. If not, try formatting on a PC but make sure its formatted as FAT and not NTFS. Else, it could be just a bad card?

steve1279

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I didn't get the phone at Best Buy, I got it a Verizon store. It was the last S7 they had period and the other store had 1 gold S7, nobody else around me has a single S7/S7E in stock. I jumped on it when I saw they had the Silver edge. I was at Best Buy to get a screen protector since no Verizon store has any accessories for the S7E in stock except inciprio cases. The women at the Samsung section pretty much said she didn't know what the problem was and didn't even say return the phone, which now annoys me.

The SD card appears to be an SD card issue, I couldn't even get the SD card to be read by my card reader on my computer. A new SD card was put in the camera and i was able to read it on the storage portion in settings. I will try the phone plugged into the computer again tomorrow when im off from work.

If I can find a verizon store with a regular S7 in Black I might return this edge. I do love the overall size, but holding the phone and constantly accidentally pressing something on the screen is driving me nuts.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get the phone at Best Buy, I got it a Verizon store. It was the last S7 they had period and the other store had 1 gold S7, nobody else around me has a single S7/S7E in stock. I jumped on it when I saw they had the Silver edge. I was at Best Buy to get a screen protector since no Verizon store has any accessories for the S7E in stock except inciprio cases. The women at the Samsung section pretty much said she didn't know what the problem was and didn't even say return the phone, which now annoys me.

The SD card appears to be an SD card issue, I couldn't even get the SD card to be read by my card reader on my computer. A new SD card was put in the camera and i was able to read it on the storage portion in settings. I will try the phone plugged into the computer again tomorrow when im off from work.

If I can find a verizon store with a regular S7 in Black I might return this edge. I do love the overall size, but holding the phone and constantly accidentally pressing something on the screen is driving me nuts.

I would be putting in an order at a Verizon store since there is no stock and have them write something on your receipt that you can bring it in for over the country swap, even if it's over their no hassle return policy. Just a suggestion.
Hope your new phone gives you better luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty